Tis The Season

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2009 at 5:06 PM
  • 11 Replies

How are you helping those less fortunate this time of year?

We give to food drives, the bell ringers, Toys for Tots and we adopt an angel family or two.

Polly
Proud Army Wife and WAHM of 5!

by on Dec. 9, 2009 at 5:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lilblufrog
by on Dec. 9, 2009 at 5:19 PM

I helped raise toys and money for Toys for Tots. This year we needed help after my husband lost his job otherwise I usually grab a few papers of the angel trees around here.

I am a emergency c-section, extended formula feeding, cloth/disposable diapering, extended rear facing, sign language teaching, miscarriage survivor (x2), mama to a miracle baby girl who has 2 middle names! (11-19-07)

tattooedmomma23
by on Dec. 9, 2009 at 5:22 PM

I give to the bell ringers when I can, but we r  one of the unfortunate families this year. 

s.t.e.p.h
by on Dec. 9, 2009 at 6:15 PM

We give to the bell ringers.

((*Steph-23 year old stay at home momma to my 3 March babies:Elijah,Brayden and Hannah.

ReinsKitten
by on Dec. 9, 2009 at 6:22 PM

I  give a little bit of change here and there to the Salvation Army bell ringers if I have any. We will be giving to Toys for Tots (1 girl and 1 boy toy, I believe) and we will be doing 2 tags off the Angel Tree, 1 boy and 1 girl again, I think. I'll also be giving a baby girl in need some of the clothes my daughter's outgrown and some baby food.

We don't have a lot, but we are doing OK and like to help when/if we can.

preview image  Lilypie - (weci) 

ittikay37
by on Dec. 9, 2009 at 8:16 PM

My answer is the same as most haha! We alway's give to the Salvation Army bell ringers. My youngest DD will alway's ask me, before we get to the door, to dig out my spare change. She loves giving to them and it makes her feel really good.

iHEAVENn
by Bronze Member on Dec. 10, 2009 at 1:37 AM

We're not this year..

We had to take our 2 year old son to the E.R. last night due to a high fever.. so that was an extra $200 out of our budget we weren't expecting..

We'll help out after tax returns by donating yarn to "Project Linus"

-:Logan Jacob:-

-:December 1st 2007:-

-:7 Pounds 4 Ounces:- 

-:My Everything:- 

Victoria843
by on Dec. 10, 2009 at 8:39 AM

I give to the salvation army.

Cafe Jenn
by Head Admin on Dec. 10, 2009 at 8:47 AM

The kids love to give to the bell ringers and we are Kmart several times a week so that adds up.

I also just handed back in our gifts for the Angel tree.

We try to donate all year long, especially unwanted stuff to Goodwill and a local non-profit.

BlueCollarMama
by on Dec. 10, 2009 at 12:29 PM

OMGosh Jenn I completely understand! If it wasn't for Goodwill and Salvation Army moving my family from base to base would be like a three ring circus LOL. I feel more like they're helping me cause it gets all that stuff out of my house!

Oh and I just wanted to add that I wasn't trying to be snotty by posting this, I just thought maybe it would help other moms find new ways to donate. Be it time, money, clothing or toys. And I can say that at the very least I myself have found something new LOL. What exactly is Project Linus and how does one become involved?

Thanks for posting ladies! Merry Christmas!

Polly
Proud Army Wife and WAHM of 5!

daralynn
by on Dec. 10, 2009 at 12:50 PM

We helped the church feed the homeless, we buy toys for the toy drives and the change from shopping always goes in the kettle!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner: