Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cookie Recipes?

Posted by on Dec. 10, 2009 at 1:41 PM
  • 7 Replies

Hi Ladies.

I know that there are so many of us on here that maybe someone might have a few good recipes for cookies. I want to make several types of cookies not just the standard chocolate chip cookies.

I have been searching the web and asked around in two of the groups I belong to for one particular cookie recipe. I want to make it because it was my kid sister's favorite cookie growing up and she will be coming to my house for Christmas.

The cookie recipe includes whole Spanish peanuts. It is the only thing I remember about the cookie.

Well hope you all are getting your Holiday Planning and Plans done. Happy Holidays!

by on Dec. 10, 2009 at 1:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
BubbasNana
by on Dec. 10, 2009 at 2:43 PM

Quoting maggie13:

Hi Ladies.

I know that there are so many of us on here that maybe someone might have a few good recipes for cookies. I want to make several types of cookies not just the standard chocolate chip cookies.

I have been searching the web and asked around in two of the groups I belong to for one particular cookie recipe. I want to make it because it was my kid sister's favorite cookie growing up and she will be coming to my house for Christmas.

The cookie recipe includes whole Spanish peanuts. It is the only thing I remember about the cookie.

Well hope you all are getting your Holiday Planning and Plans done. Happy Holidays!

Is this the recipe that you are looking for?

SPANISH PEANUT COOKIES

1 c. brown sugar
1 c. white sugar
1 c. shortening
2 eggs, beaten
1 c. corn flakes, crushed
1 c. quick oatmeal
1/2 tsp. ginger
1/2 tsp. allspice
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 c. salted peanuts
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. soda
2 c. flour
1 tsp. vanilla
Cream sugars and shortening. Add beaten eggs and other ingredients. Drop by spoonfuls and bake at 350 degrees until light brown.

maggie13
by on Dec. 10, 2009 at 4:57 PM

Quoting BubbasNana:

Quoting maggie13:

Hi Ladies.

Is this the recipe that you are looking for?

SPANISH PEANUT COOKIES

1 c. brown sugar
1 c. white sugar
1 c. shortening
2 eggs, beaten
1 c. corn flakes, crushed
1 c. quick oatmeal
1/2 tsp. ginger
1/2 tsp. allspice
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 c. salted peanuts
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. soda
2 c. flour
1 tsp. vanilla
Cream sugars and shortening. Add beaten eggs and other ingredients. Drop by spoonfuls and bake at 350 degrees until light brown.

It was not a spice cookie but thank you I am going to add this one to my list of cookies to make. My husband loves cookies and any that have spices like the ones listed will win him over.

Thank you for posting your recipe.

Happy Holidays to you and yours!

Jemia
by Shekella on Dec. 10, 2009 at 7:10 PM

Red Velvet Cookies

This red velvet cookie is so easy to make and is great to serve any time, but especially for holidays like Valentine's Day, Fourth of July, and Christmas. Serve them plain or with the cream cheese frosting.

1 Box Duncan Hines Red Velvet Cake Mix

2 eggs

1/3 cup oil

Mix all ingredients together. This will make a cookie dough. Roll into balls and place on a lightly greased cookie sheet. Flatten down slightly (depending on the thickness you desire). Bake at 375° until the tops crackle (about 8-10 minutes) or until desired doneness.

Cool and then frost with basic...

Cream Cheese Frosting

1 8 ounce package cream cheese -- softened

1/4 cup stick margarine or butter -- softened

2 teaspoons milk

1 teaspoon vanilla

4 cups powdered sugar

Beat cream cheese, margarine, milk and vanilla in medium bowl with electric mixer on low speed until smooth.

Gradually beat in powdered sugar on low speed, 1 cup at a time, until smooth and spreadable. Frosts one 13 × 9-inch cake generously, or fills and frosts one 8- or 9-inch two-layer cake. Refrigerate any remaining frosting.

Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting: Add 2 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate, melted and cooled, with the margarine.

maggie13
by on Dec. 10, 2009 at 8:31 PM

Quoting Jemia:

Red Velvet Cookies

This red velvet cookie is so easy to make and is great to serve any time, but especially for holidays like Valentine's Day, Fourth of July, and Christmas. Serve them plain or with the cream cheese frosting.

1 Box Duncan Hines Red Velvet Cake Mix

2 eggs

1/3 cup oil

Mix all ingredients together. This will make a cookie dough. Roll into balls and place on a lightly greased cookie sheet. Flatten down slightly (depending on the thickness you desire). Bake at 375° until the tops crackle (about 8-10 minutes) or until desired doneness.

Cool and then frost with basic...

Cream Cheese Frosting

1 8 ounce package cream cheese -- softened

1/4 cup stick margarine or butter -- softened

2 teaspoons milk

1 teaspoon vanilla

4 cups powdered sugar

Beat cream cheese, margarine, milk and vanilla in medium bowl with electric mixer on low speed until smooth.

Gradually beat in powdered sugar on low speed, 1 cup at a time, until smooth and spreadable. Frosts one 13 × 9-inch cake generously, or fills and frosts one 8- or 9-inch two-layer cake. Refrigerate any remaining frosting.

Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting: Add 2 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate, melted and cooled, with the margarine.

Thank you for sharing the recipe. I have a friend who just adores Red Velvet Cake. I think he would love this cookie.

Happy Holidays!

Christinamomof3
by on Dec. 10, 2009 at 9:28 PM

These are one of my favorites and they are so easy to make.

Seven Layer Magic Cookies

*1/2 cup butter or margarine
*1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
*1 (14oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
*1 cup butterscotch chips
*1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
*1 1/3 cups sweetened coconut flakes
*1 cup copped nuts (optional)

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees (325 for glass dish). In 13x9-inch baking pan, melt butter in oven.
2. Sprinkle crumbs over butter; pour sweetened condensed milk evenly on top of crumbs. Top with remaining ingredients in order listed; press down firmly with fork.
3. Bake for 25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool and cut into bars. Store tightly covered at room temperature.
Makes 24 to 36 bars.

maggie13
by on Dec. 11, 2009 at 10:36 AM

Quoting Christinamomof3:

These are one of my favorites and they are so easy to make.

Seven Layer Magic Cookies

*1/2 cup butter or margarine
*1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
*1 (14oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
*1 cup butterscotch chips
*1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
*1 1/3 cups sweetened coconut flakes
*1 cup copped nuts (optional)

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees (325 for glass dish). In 13x9-inch baking pan, melt butter in oven.
2. Sprinkle crumbs over butter; pour sweetened condensed milk evenly on top of crumbs. Top with remaining ingredients in order listed; press down firmly with fork.
3. Bake for 25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool and cut into bars. Store tightly covered at room temperature.
Makes 24 to 36 bars.

Thank you for sharing. I have never tasted this one or made it. Will add it to my recipe list though.

Happy Holidays!

Chrissy0918
by Bronze Member on Dec. 11, 2009 at 10:45 AM
SPANISH PEANUT DROP COOKIES  

1 c. Crisco
1 c. sugar
1 c. brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. baking soda
1 1/2 c. flour
3 c. rolled oats
1/2 lb. Spanish peanuts

Cream Crisco. Add sugars gradually. Add vanilla and eggs. Add soda and flour. Stir in rolled oats and peanuts. Form into small balls. Bake 10 to 15 minutes at 400 degrees. Approximately 7 dozen.

Could this be it?

SALTED SPANISH PEANUT COOKIES  

1 c. brown sugar
1 c. white sugar
1 c. shortening
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla

Mix together, then add: 1 c. cornflakes, crushed 1 c. Spanish peanuts 2 c. flour 1 tsp. baking soda

Drop on cookie sheet; press down with glass dipped in sugar. Bake at 350 degrees about 10 minutes, until golden brown.

Hope this helps!!!

I also have this recipe, its not a cookie but it is GREAT and everybody at Thanksgiving loved it when I made it!!!

Sopapilla Cheesecake

3 -8oz pkg cream cheese, softened (I usually buy the walmart brand tubs)
2 pkg crescent rolls (go for bigger rather than smaller)
1 1/4 c sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 stick butter, melted

Topping
1/2 c sugar
2 tsp cinnamon

Directions
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
Unroll 1 pkg of crescent rolls in the bottom of a greased 13x9 pan
Whip cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla and spread over crescent rolls
Top with second pkg of crescent rolls
Pour melted butter over crescent rolls and top with sugar and cinnamon mixture
Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. 

Hey, it's not healthy but it is well worth it!!!

Im a mommy, a wifey, a daughter, a sister and a best friend. I love my crazy, unorganized life, and I live each day to the fullest, and I savor each moment of each day. I married my best friend 3 years ago. The road for Cory and I has been a hard one, but we will make it. Im a vaccinating, disposable diaper,cio believer, front facing @ 1year & 20 pounds, formula feeding, spanking when the time calls for it,  smoking and occasional drinking, anti-abortion, 26  year old full time workin mama and I wouldnt have it any other way. I dont think these things make me a bad mom, its just that I may do things different than  you do but that doesnt make me any better or  worse than you!

Proud Mama to: Ethan 2/15/02  Trentan 7/28/06 and Sullevan 4/9/09

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)