Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Peppermint Bark

Posted by on Dec. 11, 2009 at 4:43 AM
  • 5 Replies

This is the kind that we have always made but are there other ways that you could make different flavors of bark?  Like what about chocolate bark with crushed pretzels, sorta like a chocolate covered pretzel, right?  If you have any other ideas I sure would be pleased as Christmas punch (LOL) if you would pass them my way.

by on Dec. 11, 2009 at 4:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Davids_Wife1307
by on Dec. 11, 2009 at 4:45 AM

I have seen peppermint bark at walmart, and I have wondered what it taste like. Mind sharing?

Mrs.Pool2Be
by on Dec. 11, 2009 at 4:53 AM

OMG it is soooooo good.  To me it sorta tastes like white chocolate with crushed peppermints in it.  But you can make it at home.  Go to the baking aisle and get a pack of the white almond bark (they also sell a chocolate flavor) then get a bag of peppermints.  Melt the almond bark (can do in microwave, how I always have) and while that is melting crush about half the bag of peppermints (can crush more if you want alot of peppermints).  After the almond bark is melted pour in the peppermints and stir.  Then pour it out onto a wax paper covered counter and spread it out fairly thin, if you have any peppermints left you can put some on top (crushed of course).  Then let it sit till it cools and hardens.  Then just either take a knife and break it into pieces or you can use your hands.  I hope you enjoy. 

Davids_Wife1307
by on Dec. 11, 2009 at 4:57 AM

Thank you!

millerbunch
by on Dec. 11, 2009 at 7:26 AM

i love peppermint bark.. and of course you can use the chocolate with other stir-ins

chocolate bark stir ins

peppermint of course :)
walnuts/pecans
coconut
dried cranberries
dried blueberries
pretzels like you mentioned
m&m's
  the list goes on and on...

have fun :)  i can not wait to start buying my goodies list...lol

oh here's a simple recipe used with the chocolate bark

Oreo balls

pkg of oreo's crushed
one pkg cream cheese softened
half a pkg or more of chocolate bark melted..

mix the crushed oreo's and cream cheese together, then dip in the melted chocolate, lay on parchment to harden...  can also use the white bark...  OMG it is so yummy....lol

BrenMOM
by on Dec. 11, 2009 at 7:51 AM

kids stockingThanks---you guys are lifesavers!
I was just thinking that I would LOVE to make up little basket of tasty treats for my friends.

I have cookies in mind but wanted something sweet,, I was thinking of peppermint bark..not sure of how I was going to do it.. and wahhhhlahh...there are your ideas.

WOOOHOOO>

Thanks

Bren

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN