Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does Your Kid's school do holiday parties?

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 9:34 AM
  • 10 Replies

My kids school, doesnt do anything... :( not even a holiday/christmas program! Im so jealous of all the moms that get to do stuff like this at their kids schools!

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 9:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ann7227
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 9:35 AM

Yes we have our Concert Thursady night. And on Thurday the 3rd graders are having a gift exchange and buffet.

supermeof3
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 9:36 AM

My oldest's daughter (first grade) isn't having a party, but our kindergartner is :)

3wonderfullboys
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 9:38 AM

My boys have a Christmas Concert tonight and on the 22nd they are having a Christmas party in their classrooms. 

landerschristmasballs.jpg picture by 3wonderfullboys

travswife55
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 11:16 AM

My kids are not in school yet, but I'm hoping they get to have Holiday themed events when they arre.  I remember how much I looked forward to Holiday parties Valentine exchanges etc when I was in school and it's upsetting to me that a lot of schools don't do these things anymore JMO

mommybug77
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 12:33 PM

Their school does not do any sort of programs or concerts at any time of the year. They will both be having pizza parties on the last day.

Momof2Stepof3
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 12:37 PM

The public schools in our area don't do any kind of holiday parties. You can be put on detention for even wearing some thing that says Marry Christmas.

Both DD and DS got 3 days detention for wearing there hair funky(hair color and spiked) on Halloween.

We homeshool now :)

Jenn

tretresmom
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:02 PM

I am not 100% sure if their school is having any type of party or anything as of yet they have not come home with any info.  My kids do have a small gift for their theachers & they will be giving out cards. 

bether89
by on Dec. 15, 2009 at 12:16 PM

My first grader is having a party in his room on the 18th.

KyliesMom5
by on Dec. 15, 2009 at 12:18 PM

Yes, our school does.  I signed up to make cup cakes but have not heard anything yet.  The party is on Friday and they seem like they like to wait till the last minute to let us know whats needed.

Mommygoose
by on Dec. 15, 2009 at 1:26 PM

DD's Tribal HEadstart is having an ice skating party with lunch following. Our area schools have Holiday Programs, the classes all sing different songs. One school does it during the day, the other has theirs at night. I believe each classroom has a small party also the last day of school before holiday break. The high school used to have each grade preform a small skit or song, not sure if they do it anymore.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)