Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

~~~~Shopping is FINALLY DONE~~~~

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 2:52 PM
  • 5 Replies

I finished my shopping! Whoo-hoo! I finally got the shopping done! Dear Lord! I am so glad that this only happens once a year!!!! I hate shopping!!!!!!!!!!! I got my daughter a book this year written by a local author that she saw on the noon news program. She heard the lady talking about the book, thought it sounded interesting and when she found out that the lady lives in our area she asked, "If you can find that book, can I have it for Christmas?" I wanted to cry! My daughter has a reading challenge! She has NEVER asked for a book as a gift! She asked for a book as one of her FEW Christmas presents! I don't give my kids a lot of gifts because I try to emphasize that Christmas is about the celebration of Christ and NOT about the dreaded disease of "gimmitis" so for her to ask for one her numbered gifts to be a lowly book?!?!?! I searched it out and bought her a hardcover copy on Amazon! I found out from the local TV station how to contact the author and plan to email her to see if I can get my daughter's book signed. I remember her saying she was doing some local book signings and I think my daughter would be over the moon to take her book and have it signed! I can't wait to see her face when she sees that she got her book!

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 2:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
amber_jean101
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 2:55 PM

me too!!

travswife55
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 4:45 PM

That's awesome that you are all done .  It's also really neat about the book I think she will enjoy it!

mom2byz
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 5:15 PM

Aww, what a great gift! Hope she really enjoys it!! 

Bekah062205
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 8:34 PM

we will be done tomorrow. and it cant come any sooner! dh and i are gonna be able to get out without dd.....MIL agreed to watch her. Im having issues leaving her because i dont ever leave her anywhere but im gonna suck it up and do it. We might even get to go out to lunch. So excited..

MPWifeJessicia
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 9:05 PM

I'm so jealous that you are done. ;) I actually went today to Christmas shop, but only made it to one store because then my son's school called and told me he kicked a teacher. I had to drive over an hour to get back home over an accident. I was aggravated, but am hoping to get back out again tomorrow.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)