Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1/13 Who still has their Christmas tree up??

Posted by on Jan. 13, 2010 at 9:10 AM
  • 26 Replies

I had two trees up, one in my living room the other is in my little girls room. I went in to take it down after Christmas and she asked if she could keep it up for several days. Well its still up and she wants to keep it up.

I went to my DD house and she started taking it down but never finished...lol..

I know we are not the only ones who still has some reminder of Christmas. Do you still have your tree up??

Make your dreams come true just by following them!!  ~~ I do have fibromyalgia and RA But it will NEVER have me!" ~~ Come have some fun with the ladies in 40ish and beyond, www.cafemom.com/group/7446

by on Jan. 13, 2010 at 9:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Just_Bethy
by on Jan. 13, 2010 at 9:15 AM

No...we took ours down 2 weeks ago.. 

Drillers Wife, Toughest Job In The Oil Field.

DalesLgndLvsOn3
by on Jan. 13, 2010 at 9:16 AM

Nope, all 3 of ours are down.  Just last weekend I got it alllll down.  I left it up one year too long and it started to annoy me rather than bring me joy so I went back to my normal schedule of UP Thanksgiving weekend and DOWN the 2nd weekend in Jan. 

ohwrite
by on Jan. 13, 2010 at 10:37 AM

Mine comes down the day after Christmas. I always have a fresh tree, so I don't like to keep it up too long. I'm also ready for a fresh clean start by then!

lucy23794
by on Jan. 13, 2010 at 10:50 AM

mine's still up but the decorations and lights are down and put away. hubby won't take it down till the weekend. nobody comes over anyways and see my tree up.

stephs0105
by on Jan. 13, 2010 at 11:01 AM

i took ours down the day after christmas

dfmead
by New Member on Jan. 13, 2010 at 11:04 AM

i always leave mine up until the day after new years...though it always makes me sad to take it down :(

valerie0103
by on Jan. 13, 2010 at 11:57 AM

Unfortunately mines still up

kitkatmodel
by on Jan. 13, 2010 at 12:03 PM

We still have our tree up in the living room and my daughter room. Also have our xmas town and lights up. The only reason why is bc we left on the 30 for a week and half vaction at my parents and just got home on Sunday and waiting till Fri bc my husband has a 4 day weekend so we will be able to get it all down and put away.

Cafe Jenn
by Head Admin on Jan. 13, 2010 at 12:06 PM

Both of ours are down but I did take advantage of the after Christmas sale last week at Kmart and got a white tree to use in the dining room.  I love the look of them with white lights and then blue ornaments.  I had to get it out to make sure it worked and it was gorgeous.  I wanted to leave it up all year and just decorate it for the season but dh said no.  :(  Darn grinch :-)

dana63
by on Jan. 13, 2010 at 1:16 PM

My DD just called and her tree is down!!! lol.. Now I have to take my babies down in her room. Jen I was thinking about getting her lights that match whatever Holiday that comes up next. She really dont want it down..lol.. ( she is only 4)

Make your dreams come true just by following them!!  ~~ I do have fibromyalgia and RA But it will NEVER have me!" ~~ Come have some fun with the ladies in 40ish and beyond, www.cafemom.com/group/7446

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)