Group Home

I still see Christmas stuff

Posted by on Jan. 24, 2010 at 8:03 AM
  • 9 Replies

at my local supermarket.  I'm so tempted to just buy rolls and rolls of wrapping paper but we're moving in June or July and I really don't want to pack/move unnecessary stuff.

Are there still Christmas items around your way?  Have you finished purchasing Christmas items that have been deeply discounted?

by on Jan. 24, 2010 at 8:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Bmat
by Gold Member on Jan. 24, 2010 at 8:33 AM

Good idea for you to not be buying more things. You'll be able to do it in future years after your move.  I didn't buy anything discounted this year- oh, other than a half-price Italian Christmas Cake. I didn't use much wrapping paper since I use so many gift bags, and re-use them.

Join us onAdvice for Moms - - Group Mod

TempestRayne
by Silver Member on Jan. 24, 2010 at 10:41 AM

There's still a couple of end-cap looking things with some Christmas stuff, but that's it.

BrenMOM
by on Jan. 24, 2010 at 10:49 AM

The only Christmas stuff I have seen lately is in my house... still getting things wrapped up and put into boxes.

IN fact, hubby asked me to finish putting things in boxes so we can get them stored in the attic of the garage and the living room can get back to 'normal'.

The Christmas tree, I undressed before i went to work on Tuesday.  Yeah we milk the tree beign up as much as we can LOL

NOO now all we see in stores in Valentines day stuff.

Bren

KBix
by on Jan. 24, 2010 at 12:11 PM

at walmart here they had candy canes last week for 11 cents a box. but i think thats all i have seen.

single_and_preg
by on Jan. 24, 2010 at 5:34 PM

yeah i see alot of it on clearance, at wal-mart they have like a thousand boxes of candy canes for 15 cents, and no-one is buying them lol

single_and_preg
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 2:59 PM

today they went down to 5 cents,,,still no-one is buying them lol

Quoting single_and_preg:

yeah i see alot of it on clearance, at wal-mart they have like a thousand boxes of candy canes for 15 cents, and no-one is buying them lol

lizmarie1975
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 3:12 PM

Quoting single_and_preg:

today they went down to 5 cents,,,still no-one is buying them lol

Quoting single_and_preg:

LOL! 

stormcris
by Member on Jan. 26, 2010 at 6:50 PM

Yes, there are still clearance items at the local stores, and I am still finding ornaments here and there around the house lol.

AM-BRAT
by Silver Member on Jan. 27, 2010 at 10:58 AM

OMG I still see it at Sears, and I too am tempted to buy it. Like $1 for big wrapping paper rolls, 75% off of christmas trees. WOW.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. deccaf
  2. SweetLuci
  3. egyptian_mommy
  4. mrswillie
  5. TigerofMu
  6. jconney80