Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can you think of ways to make inexpensive gift wrap?

Posted by   + Show Post

I'm thinking maybe like the comic section of the newspaper?  Any other ideas?

by on Jan. 24, 2010 at 6:26 PM
Replies (11-19):
DalesLgndLvsOn3
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 8:20 AM

I used to buy the big pad of recylcled drawing paper in the kids drawing section and some poster paint.. then let her cover it with hand and foot prints when she was little. 

single_and_preg
by on Jan. 27, 2010 at 4:29 PM

yeah i agree.

Quoting singlemomof2nok:

I like the idea of using the kids art as wrapping, never really thought of that one. 

bhwrn1
by on Jan. 27, 2010 at 8:10 PM

This is a fantastic idea!

Quoting KBix:

i have used left over fabric and ribbons to wrap gifts.

Lilypie

REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE, REPURPOSE...

spinning globerecycling sweetpeaturning into globeplant a treechanging light bulb

Meditate on your own Self. Worship your Self. Respect your Self. God dwells within you as you.”  Swamni "Baba" Muktananda

bhwrn1
by on Jan. 27, 2010 at 8:11 PM

My kids bring so much stuff home from school and I have no idea what the heck to do with it. So, I have paper bags and save it in there and then take it out and use it. It's great for the grandparent's gifts b/c it is so much more personal.

Quoting single_and_preg:

yeah i agree.

Quoting singlemomof2nok:

I like the idea of using the kids art as wrapping, never really thought of that one. 

Lilypie

spinning globerecycling sweetpeaturning into globeplant a treechanging light bulb

Meditate on your own Self. Worship your Self. Respect your Self. God dwells within you as you.”  Swamni "Baba" Muktananda

bhwrn1
by on Jan. 27, 2010 at 8:12 PM

Another great idea is to print out pictures on regular paper and use that. You can do it for friends (like a picture of you and a friend) or for family (like pictures of your kids).

Lilypie

ProudSingleMum
by on Jan. 30, 2010 at 4:04 PM

That's a good one. You can also get those big rolls of white paper and your kids can color them, or decorate them with stamps.

Bmat
by Gold Member on Jan. 30, 2010 at 4:27 PM

What a good idea! 

Quoting bhwrn1:

My kids bring so much stuff home from school and I have no idea what the heck to do with it. So, I have paper bags and save it in there and then take it out and use it. It's great for the grandparent's gifts b/c it is so much more personal.

Quoting single_and_preg:

yeah i agree.

Quoting singlemomof2nok:

Join us onAdvice for Moms - - Group Mod

ProudSingleMum
by on Feb. 4, 2010 at 8:03 PM

OOO< I like this idea too!!

Quoting Bmat:

What a good idea! 

Quoting bhwrn1:

Quoting single_and_preg:

yeah i agree.

Quoting singlemomof2nok:

sportsgrandma
by on Feb. 4, 2010 at 9:02 PM

Yes I have a tutorial for making gift bags

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)