Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have you ever thrown a Valentine Party for the kids?

Posted by on Jan. 24, 2010 at 9:06 PM
  • 10 Replies

What was it like?  What games did you plan?  Food?

by on Jan. 24, 2010 at 9:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
single_and_preg
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:46 PM

Wow that would be very fun, i just wish i knew enough kids.

CrazedMomof2
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 4:36 PM

Nope. Could be fun................ not sure of games. Let me ponder it a bit LOL

*Sandra* Mom of 2
*Ask me about my custom made breastfeeding covers!!!*

xChasingxAmyx
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:30 PM

Yes. We do the class party. My son is in Pre-K and I am the class mom.  We usually just do light refreshments and then have the kids decorate their own cookies and take them home. We do the card exchange. The week previous we work on making a mailbox to collect all the valentines from each child. We do fun lovey type stuff all week at our house. Heart shaped pancakes, heart shaped treated etc. It's fun.

Please click my siggy to learn how YOU can help Haiti.

Bmat
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:37 PM

No never have. Well when they were in school I did take in cupcakes with a red heart in the icing.

Join us onAdvice for Moms - - Group Mod

singlemomof2nok
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 8:27 AM

The class party is all we do 

bhwrn1
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 12:21 PM

Nope. They do stuff at school and that's enough for me :) 

Lilypie

REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE, REPURPOSE...

spinning globerecycling sweetpeaturning into globeplant a treechanging light bulb

Meditate on your own Self. Worship your Self. Respect your Self. God dwells within you as you.”  Swamni "Baba" Muktananda

single_and_preg
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 11:12 PM

I found a bunch of games..

Valentine Hide and Seek

Supplies: Valentine

Have all the children hide their eyes while you "hide" a valentine in the room. (It should be placed in plain view) Tell the children to find the Valentine, but not touch it. Once they spot it they should sit back down in their spot. The first one to sit down again will get to hide the valentine.

Valentine Hide and Seek - A little harder

Supplies: Valentine or heart

If your kids are a little bit older or have a habit of peeking. Go to another room to hide the Valentine or Heart. Once you come back they can go search for it. Then the first one back sit down and all the children are called back and the first child back tells where the Valentine is hidden if correct, than they can hid the Valentine next. If they are not correct then everyone one is let go to find the Valentine, again.

Valentine Hunt

Supplies: Valentine cards, pen, places to hide valentine cards

This is like an Easter egg hunt but with Valentine cards or hearts. You'll need a bunch of Valentine's Day cards with envelopes or cut out a bunch of hearts out of construction paper, you'll need about 2-4 per person. If you use cards with envelopes you may want to draw a red heart on each one to identify it as a card used in the game. Now take all the cards or hearts and take about 1/3 rd or 1/4 th of them and set them aside.

On the other cards and hearts write Valentine wishes like:
Be My Valentine, You're So Sweet, Keep Searching for Valentines!
Kep it simple but fun.

On the Valentines you set aside, number the back of the cards or hearts from 1 to however many hearts you have. Each number will correspond with eight small prize at your party. So if you have 8 hearts you'll have eight gifts.

Now before the party you'll need to hide the cards or heart in a room or rooms. Then during the party you can have the kids search for them.

Note: Just in case someone doesn't come back with a winning heart or card (there should be one prize per guest - at a minimum) have a few extra prizes. It's easy to say, I guess that I hide the last one a liitle harder than all the rest, and then give those kids a small prize. Then everyone goes home happy.
Thanks - Joan

Valentine's Day Card Scavenger Hunt

Supplies: Scavenger list, kids will need Valentine's Day cards, pencil

After the kids receive their Valentine's Day cards, then the fun begins to see if they have cards that must the scavenger hunt list! Easy to adapt for different age groups.
Game details and instructions
Thanks, Brenda W.
Valentine's Day Fun

Valentine's Day Printable Games

Supplies: Printable games just print and play

These printable Valentine's Day games will keep games entertained and stump the adults too! Games range from word finds to Valentine Bingo, trivia and more. Value Packs allow you to save and get games for all the upcoming holidays too!
Printable games and instructions
Thanks, Brenda W.

Valentine's Murder Mysteries

Supplies: Murder mystery, guests up for a challenge

Having a Valentine's dinner party or a group gathering. Well why not try something new and do a murder mystery. We found several will be perfect for Valentine's Day.
A Broken Heart Murder on Valentine's Day - Great for 8 - 14 people.
A St. Valentine's Day Murder Mystery - A gangster style murder mystery
Death by Chocolate and Death by Chocolate - Women Only Version - A Tasty Event
Love Potion Number Five - Mystery Game for Teens to learn who spiked the punch.

Not Ready for a Murder Mystery then how about a Laugh!
Check out these Comedy Improv Games - Sure to make your party a hit.

Valentine Bull's Eye Game

Supplies: Cardboard or posterboard, craft supplies to draw and make paper arrows

This game is played like Pin the Tail on the Donkey, but with Hearts and Arrows instead.

Make a large (poster board size) heart painted into a bullseye board with a large heart in the center. Make cardboard arrows, large enough to write children's names on one side, and backed with doubled sided tape. You will also need a blindfold, any kind will do (if there is some parent in your party who might complain about something as rare as lice, I highly recommend making a card board blindfold, with an elastic or rubberband strap, or a cheap pair of sunglasses with the eye pieces blacked out.)

To play, place the blindfold on the child, spin them around 3 or 4 times, hand them and arrow and point them to the heart. The child then tries to place the arrow in the center of the heart. Based on the number of children you can have the closest 1, 2 or 3 win prizes.
Thanks - Margaret

Valentine's Day Balloon Burst

Supplies: Balloons, candy, kids to pop them

Blow up lots of big sized balloons (red for Valentine's Day) )and before putting a knot in them, push a small wrapped candy inside (small tootsie rolls, individually wrapped lifesavers, dum-dum lollipops work well, or pieces of paper that name prizes).

Spread all the balloons around the floor at the party and let guests go wild sitting on them and popping them. Obviously once popped, they can have the treat that's inside. This can be great fun for young children.
Thanks, Jennifer

Valentine Candy Guess

Supplies: Candy, jar, pen and paper

Fill a clear container with valentine candy (small hearts, M&Ms, or your favorite Valentine's Day candy) and count how many you place into the container when filling the container. Pass around the container when the
children are eating and have them write down their guess on how many are
in the container. The one that is the closest takes the candy home.

Valentine Relay

Supplies: Mittens, hershey kisses

Divide your group into teams, depending on the size of your group 4, 6, or 8 will do. Each team gets a pair of mittens and a pile of hersheys kisses. One at a time, one member from each team will put on the mittens, take a hersheys kiss, open it & eat it. The team that has each member eat a Hershey's Kiss first - wins! If the teams are not equal, have one member go twice to make they even. It is really funny to watch them try to open them with the clumsy mitten hands.
Thanks, Peachy

single_and_preg
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 11:13 PM

Find Your Valentine Match

Supplies: Basic craft supplies, Paper to cut out hearts, pictures of animals, stapler

Cut out two hearts for each person. Note one will be stapled on top of the other like a card. Also get small pictures of animals (you'll need two of each animal). I have always found clip art to be helpful for these pictures. Make sure they are animals that children can act out: good examples are monkeys, elephants, pigs, snakes, ducks, cats, dogs, cows, lambs, horses, turkeys, donkeys, frogs, etc... 

Paste the pictures of the animals on the inside of each heart. (1 animal per heart.) You should then have 2 hearts of each animal.

Each child is given a heart (tell them not to let anyone see what animal they) and told that they need to go around the room sounding and acting like the animal they have on their heart (no words). They need to find their animal match. When they find their match they come to you. Play for fun or play for first pair to come to the teacher/adult wins a prize.

If you have an odd number of children give the extra ask an adult to participate too.
Thanks, Tiffani

stormcris
by Member on Jan. 27, 2010 at 1:18 AM

No, after my daughter birthday I am a bit reluctant to throw anymore parties as I seriously think I may need a permit if that many kids show up again. But if she asks I probably would.

single_and_preg
by on Jan. 27, 2010 at 4:03 PM

Wow it was hard for me to find kids to show up at my sons b-day lol

Quoting stormcris:

No, after my daughter birthday I am a bit reluctant to throw anymore parties as I seriously think I may need a permit if that many kids show up again. But if she asks I probably would.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)