Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you attend all your kid's school parties?

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:56 AM
  • 9 Replies

Are you able to?

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Just_Bethy
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:06 AM

My oldest 3 don't have them now...but I used to try to go to most of them...My youngest is Autistic and if I go...we have found...he has a melt down when I leave and can't take him with me...so I no longer feel its a good idea to go :( 

Drillers Wife, Toughest Job In The Oil Field.

singlemomof2nok
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:06 PM

I try to attend the school parties, but there have been a few that I have missed. 

single_and_preg
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:27 PM

hmm when my son gets that age i will if i have off work.

CrazedMomof2
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:28 PM

I try to make it to one a year for each kid. This year I did projects with them the day before Christmas vacation............... I work full time so its hard to get out and split myself between the 2 kids.

*Sandra* Mom of 2
*Ask me about my custom made breastfeeding covers!!!*

mommyk5
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:34 PM

The pre-school does not have parents attend the parties, but occasionally they will do a 5 to 10 minute program (sing and dance) for the parents for holidays like Halloween, Christmas, Valentines day and Easter.

The Kindergarten oly let 5 moms attend, and you have to be signed up, and apparently the sign up sheet was up the day before school started, and I never knew about it.  UUGH!  I did get one of the moms to add me to the list for the Christmas party, but who knows if I'll get on any more.  I noticed most of the moms that got on the list have had older kids in the school already, so that is how they knew about the list.  I think it would be nice of the school to walk us firt timers through it a little better!

Bmat
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:42 PM

I did.  I enjoyed being there and helping out.

Join us onAdvice for Moms - - Group Mod

kmrtigger
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:29 PM

Due to there being so many parents the teachers divide up a list and the parents are told which party they can attend. So no not all the parties. BUT before this new rule I used to attend them all. Even if I had to bounce around during the day room to room. 

AM-BRAT
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:30 PM

We only have preschool potlucks right now, and I go to almost all of them. It's important, and it gets me out of dinner at the IL's, 'cause they're usually on Sunday. LMAO!!

bhwrn1
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 5:57 AM

No, I am not b/c I work. I only work 4 days a week, but even if there is something on my day off, I would have to drag my 3 y/o and 7 month old and, if you knew my 3 y/o you would understand that is just too much!

Lilypie

REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE, REPURPOSE...

spinning globerecycling sweetpeaturning into globeplant a treechanging light bulb

Meditate on your own Self. Worship your Self. Respect your Self. God dwells within you as you.”  Swamni "Baba" Muktananda

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)