Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How often do you give giftcards?

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:19 AM
  • 13 Replies

As gifts?

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bmat
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:23 AM

I give them more and more these days. Rather than give someone something that they don't want or can't use, I give them the card and let them decide.

Join us onAdvice for Moms - - Group Mod

lizmarie1975
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:54 AM

Recently I've only given them to my teenage son and soon to be teenage step daughter. It's just a lot easier.

bhwrn1
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:59 PM

All the time b/c I can get them at my grocery store and I just don't have time to go out and buy a gift for someone. Personally, I like gift cards b/c then I can get whatever I want. 

Lilypie

REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE, REPURPOSE...

spinning globerecycling sweetpeaturning into globeplant a treechanging light bulb

Meditate on your own Self. Worship your Self. Respect your Self. God dwells within you as you.”  Swamni "Baba" Muktananda

singlemomof2nok
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:21 PM

I haven't yet, but it is something I have been seriously thinking about. 

bhwrn1
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:34 PM

This is me. I hate to have to buy people stuff and then they don't like it.

Quoting Bmat:

I give them more and more these days. Rather than give someone something that they don't want or can't use, I give them the card and let them decide.

Lilypie

REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE, REPURPOSE...

spinning globerecycling sweetpeaturning into globeplant a treechanging light bulb

Meditate on your own Self. Worship your Self. Respect your Self. God dwells within you as you.”  Swamni "Baba" Muktananda

single_and_preg
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 3:05 PM

I started doing it alot more then i used to.,i used to not like that idea.

DalesLgndLvsOn3
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 3:08 PM

I rarely give GC's, it's only because I don't like to get them so I don't give them LOL  Just my personal preference. 

stormcris
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 6:51 PM

Just on a few occasions when I cannot think of what to get someone or if I do not really know the person.

AM-BRAT
by on Jan. 27, 2010 at 10:59 AM

Quoting single_and_preg:

I started doing it alot more then i used to.,i used to not like that idea.

Bmat
by on Jan. 27, 2010 at 1:42 PM

I like to have some on hand, actually, for when I need a gift and don't have any idea or any time to shop.  I usually get them for a local grocery store. I figure everybody needs to eat, and a local store is convenient whether the person shops there or not- if the store is nearby they can stop in to get something to use up the card.

Join us onAdvice for Moms - - Group Mod

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)