• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you shop at multiple grocery stores?

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:25 AM
  • 22 Replies

Or do you use stores that price match, so that you only make one trip?

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NSeni
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:35 AM

I shop at multiple. I get my pantry essentials and canned goods and some meats from Aldi's. I also get most of my produce there. I do a lot of cooking so I use a lot of mushrooms peppers onions.. etc. Then I go to Kmart for everything else. I usually will look at the ads and compare between Giant Eagle and Kmart as far as meats go as to who has what on sale. I got whole fryer chickens this week for 88cents/lb! Limit was 3 so I got all 3 of them. I cook them in my crock pot, de-bone, and freeze the meat. Kmart usually has HUGE packs of pork chops on sale, like 12 in a pack usually bone in but those are great to make in the crock pot. They always have roasts on sale, so I buy those because those are a fix it and forget it kind of meal in the crock lol. I got one this week for 1.00 a lb, and it doesnt really have much fat on it at all! Kmart is mostly where I shop for meats because they always have meats on sale. They are practically (the Aldi's and Kmart) right next to each other so I really don't waste any gas going to both of them and it truely does save me money, and for that I am grateful. We are on FS so I have to budget. I make my shopping trips for one or two weeks at a time and I make a menu and a list before I go to the store so that i do not go off that list unless I forgot to put something on there! 

TempestRayne
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:58 AM

I shop at multiple stores because there aren't any that price match around here.

Bmat
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:20 AM

I only make one trip, one stop. I find that every time I stop at a grocery store that I am tempted to buy more than I went in for. So I limit temptation and only enter one store.

Join us onAdvice for Moms - - Group Mod

lizmarie1975
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:57 AM

Not really.  There's isn't that much of a selection around here...it's either Stop & Shop or NSM (I'm not even sure what that is).  I only go into NSM if they have something for a really good price. 

CrazedMomof2
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:22 PM

I shop at several. A couple times a month I do our main shopping at Costco. Then, there is a discount grocery store I check out a couple times a month for good deals. I do my in between shopping at Safeway for milk and fruits and veggies in between our big shopping trips.

*Sandra* Mom of 2
*Ask me about my custom made breastfeeding covers!!!*

bhwrn1
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:58 PM

Multiple stores for different things. I get my groceries mostly from Shoprite, but my produce from Whole Foods or Fairway. I also will go to CVS if they are having a deal.

Lilypie

REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE, REPURPOSE...

spinning globerecycling sweetpeaturning into globeplant a treechanging light bulb

Meditate on your own Self. Worship your Self. Respect your Self. God dwells within you as you.”  Swamni "Baba" Muktananda

singlemomof2nok
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:22 PM

I usually shop at a few different stores.  One because they will double coupons, and the other because they are just cheaper than the sale price. 

single_and_preg
by on Jan. 27, 2010 at 4:30 PM

i go to multiple, but not to price match....whatever is more convenient, we have 6 different grocery stores with in 10 miles, it depends what direction im going.

baileysmommy107
by on Jan. 27, 2010 at 5:12 PM

I go to 5 different stores. Start at safeway get theregood deals, then to winco with my albertsons ad.  See whats a better deal them or albertson.  Then final stop for that day is albertsons.  Its like a circle for me.  Day 2  I go to Walmart cause i always forget something usually i forget to put it on my list.  Final stop is walgreens.

Alyse
DalesLgndLvsOn3
by on Jan. 27, 2010 at 5:20 PM

Not much of a selection in my area.  I do most canned goods at Save a Lot and paper and cleaning supplies at walmart.  My meats come from the commissary on base. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)