Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

country, suburbs, or in town

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:06 PM
  • 18 Replies

Where do you reside and why?

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KBix
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:07 PM

We live in the suburbs of Atlanta, in the north metro bc we found it to be several hundred dollars a month cheaper :)

4kidz916
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:10 PM

I live in the country.  I've always lived in the country and I love the peacefulness and slow pace of country life.  I love to be able to look in the back yard and see the wildlife and beautiful scenery.  The kids have plenty of space to play outdoors and I feel safe.  There's not a lot of crime, 

CrazedMomof2
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:11 PM

We bought our house 6 years ago. We live in a neighborhood on about 1/3 of an acre. I live in a small mountain town.

*Sandra* Mom of 2
*Ask me about my custom made breastfeeding covers!!!*

KBix
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:21 PM

i miss the country so much, my parents live in the country in Arkansas on 5 acres and it is sooo peaceful out there.

this is what my back section looks like...i dont think you can call it a yard lol

(the fence starts the neighbors behind us and he end of the treeline is the end of our yard)

Quoting 4kidz916:

I live in the country.  I've always lived in the country and I love the peacefulness and slow pace of country life.  I love to be able to look in the back yard and see the wildlife and beautiful scenery.  The kids have plenty of space to play outdoors and I feel safe.  There's not a lot of crime, 

Bmat
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:25 PM

semi-rural

We wanted a quiet place with space. But we are so far from anything and have to drive all the time.

Join us onAdvice for Moms - - Group Mod

singlemomof2nok
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 8:49 AM

In town 

summerdayz
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 9:26 AM

I live in a small town.

kmrtigger
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 9:32 AM

In town. Wanted to be close to the stores and schools and still have everything in walking distant. 

ohwrite
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 9:32 AM

Los Angeles, because we're natives, and all of our family is here, it's home.

We lived in the middle of Wyoming for 6 years, and just moved back a year ago. I love the open space, and country living, but didn't like the harsh winters, or the fact that my husband had to travel a lot for work, so when our boys said they were moving back to Los Angeles with or without us, that was it, we packed up and moved back home. I do love Los Angeles, and I'm happy to be home.

Bmat
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 10:29 AM

We went on vacation for an anniversary to a resort advertized as elegant and romantic. It was on a secluded beach. As we strolled along the beach we admired the view but thought that it was the same as at home, we had to get in the car to go to stores or sights. Now we try to find places to stay in a town so that we can walk to restaurants and shops.

Join us onAdvice for Moms - - Group Mod

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)