Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Leftover candy canes

Posted by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 3:14 PM
  • 10 Replies

What do you do with the candy canes that no one has eaten?  Do you throw them away or do you save them for next year so you can decorate the tree?

I have to admit that I save the unbroken candy canes and use them the following year.  No one eats them.  Do candy canes even go bad?

by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 3:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
single_and_preg
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 3:53 PM

i throw them away lol....wal-mart has hundreds of boxes on clearance for 5 cents and no-one is buying them lol

SunshineSmiles
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 3:54 PM

i have never had that problem! candy canes go byebye really fast!

BubbasNana
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 4:02 PM

We save ours! I have a story about candy canes that will make you laugh! My dad passed away Christmas Day 1989 and we were so upset that we didn't bother to take the candy canes off the branches of the tree. We put the tree up the next year and they were still in perfect condition! My one nephew did not believe me that they were over a year old and he ate one. He said it tasted just like the ones on his tree at home and I know his dad had just gotten them because I drove him to the store to buy them! We kept the same candy canes on the tree until we gave the tree to friends when moved into apartments 5 years later. I don't recommend eating them after this year like my nephew did unless you store them in an air tight container, but for tree decorations, as long as they still look nice, keep them!

HEALTHY FOODS AND WALKING ARE WORKING FOR ME!!!

http://tickers.tickerfactory.com/ezt/t/wq1BMVp/weight.png

AM-BRAT
by Silver Member on Jan. 26, 2010 at 4:03 PM

I've been using them to put in hot chocolate. The girls love it.

ALSO, they're great to have on hand for tummy aches. The peppermint is soothing. Shake it up in a sippy of water, VOILA!

single_and_preg
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 4:12 PM

oh those are both good ideas!

Quoting AM-BRAT:

I've been using them to put in hot chocolate. The girls love it.

ALSO, they're great to have on hand for tummy aches. The peppermint is soothing. Shake it up in a sippy of water, VOILA!

single_and_preg
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 4:13 PM

aww that is cute!

Quoting BubbasNana:

We save ours! I have a story about candy canes that will make you laugh! My dad passed away Christmas Day 1989 and we were so upset that we didn't bother to take the candy canes off the branches of the tree. We put the tree up the next year and they were still in perfect condition! My one nephew did not believe me that they were over a year old and he ate one. He said it tasted just like the ones on his tree at home and I know his dad had just gotten them because I drove him to the store to buy them! We kept the same candy canes on the tree until we gave the tree to friends when moved into apartments 5 years later. I don't recommend eating them after this year like my nephew did unless you store them in an air tight container, but for tree decorations, as long as they still look nice, keep them!

bhwrn1
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 8:56 PM

Crush them and make chocolate with them. Use them as swizzle sticks for hot chocolate. Or they get tossed.

Lilypie

REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE, REPURPOSE...

spinning globerecycling sweetpeaturning into globeplant a treechanging light bulb

Meditate on your own Self. Worship your Self. Respect your Self. God dwells within you as you.”  Swamni "Baba" Muktananda

Bmat
by Gold Member on Jan. 26, 2010 at 9:08 PM

I just toss them.

Join us onAdvice for Moms - - Group Mod

stormcris
by Member on Jan. 27, 2010 at 1:20 AM

After my kids put them in with the Christmas ornaments and they melted leaving me to clean all the ornaments, I won't even buy them.

KBix
by on Jan. 27, 2010 at 9:11 AM

me too

Quoting Bmat:

I just toss them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)