• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you pass your childrens clothes down?

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:51 AM
  • 23 Replies

Being a mom of 4 I passed my kids clothes all the time. Now that I am a grandma of 6 (7th due anyday), my kids pass clothes all the time. My two grandsons wear the same size and my DIL who has the twins will divide up the girls clothes and give to my unborn granddaughter and to my DD who had Sophia 4 months ago. They even share baby stuff like the bassinet and bouncers and all.

Do you and your family pass childrens clothes?

Make your dreams come true just by following them!!  ~~ I do have fibromyalgia and RA But it will NEVER have me!" ~~ Come have some fun with the ladies in 40ish and beyond, www.cafemom.com/group/7446

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jrp0606
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:21 AM

I only have the one so we don't hand clothes down - but when we were growing up my brothers used to pass clothes down.

being the only girl with 5 boys though i managed to escape the hand me downs.

babi_chavez08
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:23 PM

I only have one child but i do pass them down to his cousins and uncle(lol) his uncle is 3 months younger than him..

KRIZZ25
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:24 PM

YEP I DO..

Rushn311
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:27 PM

I gave my son's clothes to my SIL's newest baby, but now he weighs as much as my lil man, so I just donate my sons clothes cause I have no one to give them too!

My daughters clothes, I give to a friend of mine who's daughter is the same age as mine, but smaller. My daughter is very tall for age!

I have passed down some of my baby stuff, like swing, bouncy seat and saucer.....this year I am selling it at a garage sale. We are done having babies as far as I know!

TempestRayne
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:30 PM

yes, absolutely.

Mom2jngnc
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:52 PM

Yes. I have stuff that is from a friends almost 17 yr. old (2T's) that are still going strong. We have fiends that pass down to my sons, I pass to other friends... my bff has twins that are 4 montsh younger than my 3rd ds, but bigger so she divides her stuff between my 7 yr. old and her 4 yr. old.

Actually on Tuesday my Moms Group is having their exchange. Which is great as I now have my 4 yr. old niece, and no clothing fairy for her :( My DH doesn't mind buying new if/when needed., but it's bothering him a hair that the child we have to shop for isn't ours on paper (yet).

scleblanc
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:53 PM

I am the oldest child in my family and I have the youngest children. I do take hand me downs for them when offered, but most of my kids old clothes go to Goodwill

Carey2006
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:30 PM

I plan on it.....(TTC) Even if it's a girl...I plan on using alot of the same clothes....and leave all the 'new' clothes buy (for the most part) for everyone else to do as gifts.

AM-BRAT
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 4:39 PM

Ya I pass them from oldest to youngest, and whatever makes it through I've been giving to my aunt. She just had a baby girl so it's perfect!

CrazedMomof2
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:44 PM

Of course!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)