Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Update: attempt #1 at spending my card.

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2010 at 7:45 PM
  • 14 Replies

Alright after a conversation with my husband I am spending it on me. We did family pictures with frames already for our Moms.

My card arrived today so I wandered over to my nearest (6.4 miles) K-Mart in search of shorts.

No luck. I found shorts, that were ok if you are the Mom who likes you Bum hanging out... or if you needed an 18W or bigger.

Sorry, I have kids that go from 14 to 2, I don't need to look like a (insert adjective of choice)..... I am not even 100% sure what size I am as I can never find womens jeans I like so I wear a mans 29x32 and they are still "short" when I sit down.

Going to try the next closest Kmart which is 13 miles (then they hit 16 and 17 in opposite directions).

I haven't yet migrated to another K*mart, and seeing how I leave for sunny FL on Wed. and need to be packed by Tuesday I probably won't make it. So I will use my GC on something else.

I did go to K*Mart's website, and all the shorts I found that had greater than a 5" inseam were at Sears :(

I will confess that part of my problem finding shorts is that I am NOT a clothes horse. I am very partial to several pairs of plain blue jeans (in this case shorts) so that I can mix and match easier (I have 2 "nicer" pairs of shorts/Capri's already, but I have to be very specific with the shirts I wear). I am also very picky! I like them to be tighter on me and have the leg of my shorts just a few inches above my knee. When I bed over I don't want my 15 yr. old sons friends thinking (or hoping) that I the next Stifflers Mom (KWIM) or Mrs. Robinson...lol

Wife to John, Mom to John, Garrett, CJ and Alex 
"Your stupidity is my husbands job security."
"I have one designer thing in my house, and naturally it's a dog."

by on Apr. 8, 2010 at 7:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Hottmomma607
OMG!!! Jax is gonna go off the deep end!! Even deeper! lol
Yesterday at 11:47 AM
by Trica on Apr. 8, 2010 at 7:48 PM

Thats sucks!! LOL good luck!!

Quoting Mom2jngnc:

Alright after a conversation with my husband I am spending it on me. We did family pictures with frames already for our Moms.

My card arrived today so I wandered over to my nearest (6.4 miles) K-Mart in search of shorts.

No luck. I found shorts, that were ok if you are the Mom who likes you Bum hanging out... or if you needed an 18W or bigger.

Sorry, I have kids that go from 14 to 2, I don't need to look like a (insert adjective of choice)..... I am not even 100% sure what size I am as I can never find womens jeans I like so I wear a mans 29x32 and they are still "short" when I sit down.

Going to try the next closest Kmart which is 13 miles (then they hit 16 and 17 in opposite directions).

Kim24kids
by on Apr. 8, 2010 at 7:55 PM

GL on your next trip! Hope you find great deals in your size=)

singlemomof2nok
by on Apr. 9, 2010 at 9:16 AM

Good Luck!

la_bella_vita
by on Apr. 9, 2010 at 11:08 AM

Good luck on your next trip!

meam4444
by on Apr. 9, 2010 at 12:39 PM

Good luck!

zava_t
by on Apr. 9, 2010 at 12:43 PM

Good luck!

TempestRayne
by on Apr. 9, 2010 at 12:59 PM

have you tried online?

Mom2jngnc
by Bronze Member on Apr. 9, 2010 at 1:46 PM

I haven't simply beacuse after too many years og baggy hand-me-downs growing up (well think Harry Potter one and Dudley's clothes on Harry), that i have to have my tight fitting. So I need to be able to try them on. If I can find free shipping and a store online that has a good size chart (wasit/hip measurements) and a easy return policy I may give it a shot.

Quoting TempestRayne:

have you tried online?

Wife to John, Mom to John, Garrett, CJ and Alex 
"Your stupidity is my husbands job security."
"I have one designer thing in my house, and naturally it's a dog."

single_and_preg
by on Apr. 9, 2010 at 3:22 PM

I hope ours has a good selection, I will find out tomorrow!

AM-BRAT
by Silver Member on Apr. 9, 2010 at 3:52 PM

GL mama. You'll find something for you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)