Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Update: attempt #1 at spending my card.

Posted by   + Show Post

Alright after a conversation with my husband I am spending it on me. We did family pictures with frames already for our Moms.

My card arrived today so I wandered over to my nearest (6.4 miles) K-Mart in search of shorts.

No luck. I found shorts, that were ok if you are the Mom who likes you Bum hanging out... or if you needed an 18W or bigger.

Sorry, I have kids that go from 14 to 2, I don't need to look like a (insert adjective of choice)..... I am not even 100% sure what size I am as I can never find womens jeans I like so I wear a mans 29x32 and they are still "short" when I sit down.

Going to try the next closest Kmart which is 13 miles (then they hit 16 and 17 in opposite directions).

I haven't yet migrated to another K*mart, and seeing how I leave for sunny FL on Wed. and need to be packed by Tuesday I probably won't make it. So I will use my GC on something else.

I did go to K*Mart's website, and all the shorts I found that had greater than a 5" inseam were at Sears :(

I will confess that part of my problem finding shorts is that I am NOT a clothes horse. I am very partial to several pairs of plain blue jeans (in this case shorts) so that I can mix and match easier (I have 2 "nicer" pairs of shorts/Capri's already, but I have to be very specific with the shirts I wear). I am also very picky! I like them to be tighter on me and have the leg of my shorts just a few inches above my knee. When I bed over I don't want my 15 yr. old sons friends thinking (or hoping) that I the next Stifflers Mom (KWIM) or Mrs. Robinson...lol

Wife to John, Mom to John, Garrett, CJ and Alex 
"Your stupidity is my husbands job security."
"I have one designer thing in my house, and naturally it's a dog."

by on Apr. 8, 2010 at 7:45 PM
Replies (11-14):
AM-BRAT
by Silver Member on Apr. 9, 2010 at 3:52 PM

Keep us updated!

jrp0606
by on Apr. 9, 2010 at 3:54 PM

I would have a look online and get an idea of what you want before venturing out again

Mom2jngnc
by on Apr. 9, 2010 at 5:01 PM

thanks for the support.

I feel kind of bad for posting a negative, but in previous influencer programs they wanted honesty. Which is one thing I can give.

Wife to John, Mom to John, Garrett, CJ and Alex 
"Your stupidity is my husbands job security."
"I have one designer thing in my house, and naturally it's a dog."

Cafe Jenn
by on Apr. 9, 2010 at 7:10 PM

Quoting Mom2jngnc:

thanks for the support.

I feel kind of bad for posting a negative, but in previous influencer programs they wanted honesty. Which is one thing I can give.

Honesty is a good thing with these influencer programs.  It helps the buyers for Kmart see that they need to do something different.

I haven't shopped the shorts this year yet but last year I found some really nice ones that were light weight and longer.  I hate short shorts and would prefer capris over shorts but these ones came to my knees so that was good. 

Cafe Jenn 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN