Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

#2 pics of my purchase & what we are going to do

Posted by on Apr. 11, 2010 at 8:46 PM
  • 8 Replies

I have to admit that I had not walked into my local Kmart in a long time. The closest one to me is about a 30-45 min drive plus you have to fight traffic.

My family & I were happily greeted as we entered, and the store was clean. If we had any questions we were given a polite response at the where we could find what we were looking for and pointed in the right direction.

I wanted to get gardening supplies, since becoming pregnant and giving birth our garden has suffered ALOT! So needless to say ... my garden needed alot of TLC. Not only that but I am running behind on starting my veggie garden so I need to get that started as well. 

Most of my mini roses have died and my gardenia plant looks as it is ready to head in the same direction along with a few of my other plants. So we purchased 2 cans of this in hopes to saves our plants.

Then it was off to find something to help start the veggie garden. (most of my plants are in 3 gallon pots and did really well the past few seasons, just have to remember to feed them is all.) So then I found this to help start the seeds growing. I have used this in the past it has always worked for us. I purchased 2 of these so I can plant all the seedlings at one time.

Then DH reminded me that it would be very helpful if we got a new hose for the garden. We have gone through 3 in the past year. We needed one for the back part of the yard since we already had one for the front yard. So we picked up 2 of these.

Then when we are ready to plant our seedlings we grabbed a few bags of potting soil.

They did have some lawn furniture, a few other gardening supplies & plenty of beach chairs. But other then that not a whole lot. (Maybe about 1.5 isles dedicated to lawn & gardening section.) I saw a free standing rock waterfall that I would have liked to purchase but was a little out of my price range, but it was nice to see that they had something like that there.

When we got to the check out the cashier rang us up without any mention of the "Shop your way" rewards program. I would have signed up for that if she would have said something about it. I am always on the look out for reward programs after all every little bit helps now a days. I only heard about the program after we had cashed out and were buying the kids a snack at Little Caesar's Pizza and we heard a bell ring and some clapping. We asked what that was for and heard that someone had earned something towards their purchase. Over all the people at Kmart were polite, helpful and full of the aloha spirit. Mahalo Cafemom for asking me to participate, I had a great time with my family and can't wait to spend more time with them in the garden.

by on Apr. 11, 2010 at 8:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
single_and_preg
by on Apr. 11, 2010 at 8:48 PM

Nice!

Yeah the cashier i had didnt ask me about the "rewards program" either. I have never been asked.

Cafe Jenn
by on Apr. 11, 2010 at 9:08 PM

Bad cashiers.

Glad you had a good experience overall :)

mommyhonu
by Bronze Member on Apr. 11, 2010 at 9:20 PM

Quoting single_and_preg:

Nice!

Yeah the cashier i had didnt ask me about the "rewards program" either. I have never been asked.

You think if the cashiers told people about the rewards program that they would get repeat customers. I did get signed up for the program but only after I went shopping at Sears (they & Kmart participate in the rewards program.)

Cafe Jenn
by on Apr. 11, 2010 at 10:01 PM

Excuse the charm I posted.  I accidently clicked on it.  :(

single_and_preg
by on Apr. 11, 2010 at 10:28 PM

Quoting mommyhonu:

Quoting single_and_preg:

Nice!

You think if the cashiers told people about the rewards program that they would get repeat customers. I did get signed up for the program but only after I went shopping at Sears (they & Kmart participate in the rewards program.)

Yeah the only reson i even know about the program is because Cafe Jenn mentioned it in a post before.

maciymommieof3
by on Apr. 12, 2010 at 6:58 AM

nice......I am always asked about their reward program

bhwrn1
by on Apr. 12, 2010 at 7:11 AM

I am surprised they didn't ask you about the card. You should have gone to the manager and said something.

I would love to see the garden!

Cenedra64
by on Apr. 12, 2010 at 7:54 AM

oh man!  I knew I forgot something.   What I got yesterday sure would've added up on the shop rewards.  Doh!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN