Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

$50.00 Gift Certificate Donated

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 1:06 PM
  • 25 Replies

Okay...I received the gift card with full intention of buying my mother a really nice Mother's Day gift. However...she is a single lady, who lives independently and buys everything she wants on her own. What do you buy someone like that? Well...today I got a notice at my son's pre-school that stated that another local pre-school had been struck by lightening during recent rain storms and had burned. They were asking for donations of anything to re-start the school. This pre-school was run by a couple of grandmothers and the community is small and poor and so I thought I would donate my gift card to them to purchase items to help with that. I sure hope this was okay. It seemed like the right thing to do.

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 1:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
carterscutie85
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 1:07 PM

Awww what a nice thing to do. I am sure Cafemom won't mind.

bocamom62
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 1:14 PM

That was very sweet of you Vickey.  It was definitely the right thing to do.  I would send your mom a very nice card with a note that you made a donation in her honor to the school (maybe you can make a certificate on your computer or the school will send you something).

Cafe Jenn
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 1:37 PM

I think that was awesome for you to do.  What a great Mother's Day gift you are giving to those children's mothers.  Can you imagine how you would feel knowing that their education went up in smoke?

TempestRayne
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 2:13 PM

Somewhat OT, but I remember when a huge chunk of my highschool exploded my senior year. we were out of school for almost a month.

singlemomof2nok
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 2:35 PM

That's a very sweet thing you did!!

kd.
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 2:36 PM

:)

txmom-o-3
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 2:48 PM

aww, what a wonderful thing to do.  Bless you.

single_and_preg
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 3:19 PM

Very nice!

MrsGonzo517
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 3:20 PM

That'd be great! :)

lalasmama2007
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 3:23 PM

Very cool thing to do!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)