Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Spending Time Together Outdoors...

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 5:22 PM
  • 3 Replies

I am a true outdoor person....I love the seasons and the different activities you can enjoy ooutside with each one. My favorite outdoor season is summer, of course, because there's something each one of us in my family  enjoys to do outside.

I am fortunate enough to live pretty close to the Jersey shore. My kids LOVE the water and the sand...my DD will jump the waves for hours, while my 2 boys will dig and build massive sand castles. If you've ever been to our boardwalks, you know that they are filled with fun and food. We try to get down there at least twice a week and the boardwalk at least once a month. We also have a travel trailer and enjoy camping in different states and taking in all the great things they have to offer. My youngest loves camping and some of the fun kiddie pools the campgrounds have.

When we are home, there's nothing we like better than having everyone over for a cookout. I posted on here that I used my Kmart giftcard to go toward a new grill. We've used it several times since then! We love sitting around the deck while the kids go swimming.

I also had 2 kids in softball and baseball which kept us REALLY busy during the Spring and part of Summer. This year just my DD is playing and we are already eating our share of hotdogs and cheese fries. My kids also have a small garden each year. We've grown pumpkins, zucchini, peppers, herbs and tomatoes. The more you plant, the more you have to take care of, so the garden keeps us very busy!

Sorry I rambled, but i'd like to hear what you do to keep your kids busy outside????

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 5:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
jrp0606
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 5:54 PM

we are always out side too

I am so glad spring is finally here I feel so claustophobic during the winter months...

we are always outside riding bikes, walking the dog blowing bubbles, chalk on the side walk.......

Bmat
by on Apr. 21, 2010 at 3:50 PM

My children weren't very enthusiastic about playing outside, although they would play with the neighbor children, and they belonged to scouts, so went camping about once a month.

CrazedMomof2
by on Apr. 27, 2010 at 5:24 PM

We love the outside too.

Sports and hiking kinda stuff. We live in the mountains. The closest beach is 2hrs away. But we love the lake!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)