Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How young is too young for children/tweens to be wearing makeup?

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:09 PM
  • 7 Replies

Do you let your child just for fun at home?

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Tiredmom53
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:14 PM

No, that was a privilege, and had to wait until we got older. Mom would not allow my sister nor I wear makup until we were 16 and it was blush only. I have two granddaughers, one 10 and one 13, my dil  will not allow them to wear makeup until they also are 16 and no black stuff, a nice blush and maybe a light touch of nautrual eyeshadow.

Decker
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:17 PM

I am not for sure. I let my 3 year old wear make up just for fun and only in the house, unless we are taking pictures. but it is just blush, eye shadow and lip stick and it looks natural. I was wearing make-up at 13 and was always told make up is to enhance your natural beauty and not make you look like a clown.

AM-BRAT
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:47 PM

Oh man IDK. I don't wanna find out either! Mine are too little still, and I will hold it off as long as possible!

AM-BRAT
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:47 PM

Maybe my opinion comes from the fact that I don't really use any...

Bmat
by on Apr. 21, 2010 at 3:48 PM

I was waiting in line to get into a movie theater, and a young girl- I am thinking about 10, who was with a lady who could have been an older aunt or grandmother, was in front of us, and she had bright red lipstick on and blusher at least. It was very unbecoming on a young child. I am thinking that her grandma decided to let her use the make up for fun, or something, but I didn't like it.

JustMeGeraldine
by on Apr. 21, 2010 at 10:56 PM

I never let my daughter leave the house wearing makeup.  She always had her play makeup but she was very good about taking it off if she knew we were leaving. Gosh I can not remember how old she was. Maybe 13/14 and it was very light. NO Mascara, Lip Stick can have lip gloss. figured she had to shave her legs why not let her have a little bit of the other lady stuff. I have NEVER worm makeup but my daughter now 23 LOVES it.

singlemomof2nok
by on Apr. 22, 2010 at 12:55 PM

under 15 is too young for makeup

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)