Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Smarter Moms - Question of the Week

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:00 AM
  • 11 Replies

Check out the Smarter Moms - Question of the Week!

Did you travel with the family for spring break? What tips can you share for traveling with a family?

Share your thoughts here.

** The CafeMom Team

by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Carey2006
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:40 PM

Only thing that comes to mind is that we went down to St Augustine FL to do some shopping. Thank God my son has my Road Trip gene cuz he does VERY well in the car!!!!!

Nykkii
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:50 PM

No. We haven't traveled in awhile.  Times are tight. 

When we do travel, we pack lots of snacks, drinks, toys and books.  I overpack on everything, including clothes, formula and diapers, just in case.  We usually travel overnight for long trips.  My son is horrible in the car after awhile and too young to explain that we have to wait to get out. It's easier to travel at bedtime so he sleeps the whole way. 

Bmat
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:56 PM

My husband and I visited a murder mystery resort. 

LauraMi261
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:58 PM

We didn't travel over Spring Break but we go on day trips. I always overpack and bring toys, books, snacks and drinks. Some of them are for my husband! Adults get bored, too. The best tip I have is to use a GPS.

laurag8707
by on May. 26, 2010 at 1:07 PM

I havent traveled in awhile I am broke :( However, when I do travel I make sure to bring plenty of toys and movies to keep my son occupied and plenty of snacks and a cooler full of drinks. Which in turn saves me money, and an extra pair of clothes or two with some soap and towel and washcloth. Never know what will happen when traveling with little ones.

meam4444
by on May. 29, 2010 at 9:12 AM

We didn't go anywhere this spring break.  However, as far as tips go for traveling with a family, I recommend bring new toys the kids have not seen yet and a lot of snacks!

bam920
by on May. 29, 2010 at 9:14 AM

We have a DVD player in the van.   We only use it when we are going out of town, so it is still kind of a special treat for them.

Lots of snacks. lots of breaks.

I guess it depends on the age of kids too.

My_3_Babies
by on May. 30, 2010 at 12:05 AM

We went from Alabama to Texas with our 3 kids all under 5 yrs old. My best tip would be to pack extra clothes and lots of snacks and drinks to keep costs down. Also check out the area your visiting to price check hotels or attractions and try to plan ahead.

lalasmama2007
by on May. 30, 2010 at 12:21 AM

We went out to visit my MIL for a few days.  We have a portable dvd player which helps to keep my dd occupied. We try to plan our trips when our dd might take a nap so that helps with long car rides too.

natesmom1228
by on May. 30, 2010 at 7:14 AM

No, we did not go anywhere for Spring Break

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)