• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Assignment #2 - Pictures

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 2:48 PM
  • 3 Replies

So I went into Kmart with the intentions of finding 'something' ... 'anything'.... whether it is for me or for my in law or even for my mom...

My husband was turned off immediately by the appearance of the store. We understand Kmarts are older but he said that he felt he entered a time warp... from the music that was playing on the loud speaker to how the layout of the store was made.

The store was messy... it was hard to find anything and the employees were never around when we needed them. We waited for about 20 minutes for someone to show up to the Electronic Dept. ... finally someone came out of the 'break room' and I asked her for help and she said she'd paige someone.. another 5 minutes passed and another employee stopped and looked at us and then asked if we needed help we told her yes.. we have been waiting (along with another guy there) and she went and got someone.

The prices were not very competitive... so we did not get any big ticket items.  We were eyeing down the digital cameras but decided not to since we could get the same camera for cheaper at Wal-mart and even Target.

We went to the pj and lingerie section and I honestly could not find anything that caught my eye... I did, however, see a little dress that was TOOO cute for Anaya... but opted out...

Finally, discouraged, I went to the card section and got some cards.. which was a difficult task as well as the selection was limited... it could have been because it was already May 1st?

Then I gave up and decided to spend my money on 'stuffers'... I bought a whole bunch of chocolate that will be mailed out along with a better gift.. .I am stil grateful for the 50 dollar gift card because at least the cards and the chocolate is an extra added bonus to a package filled with love...

Here is the picture of the stuff I bought:

PS: The other thing that I found quite annoying was that every 5-10 mins an employee would get on the loud speaker and try to get people to go to a certain section of the store and/or convince them to sign up for a Kmart/Sears credit card...

by on May. 2, 2010 at 2:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Bmat
by on May. 2, 2010 at 8:00 PM

What an unpleasant experience. :(

Joqui
by on May. 2, 2010 at 11:23 PM

it was but it's ok.. I am glad that at least I got some really good chocolate from it :)... I know my MIL and mom will appreciate it tons

bhwrn1
by on May. 3, 2010 at 6:56 AM

Yummy on the chocolate. Sorry about the bad experience :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)