Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When do you start going to the pool?

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 8:12 PM
  • 10 Replies

I know not everyone has a pool or access, but for those that do, when is your first trip into the water? My kids are begging me to go to ours in our complex, and even though it has been in the 70's and 80's where I'm at and I think we are going to do it sometime this week.

by on May. 2, 2010 at 8:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sassy762
by on May. 2, 2010 at 8:19 PM

Usually when they open, lol  The beaches around here will probably open a little early this year.......its beginning to get hot and thats unusual for this time of the year.....

Honeybun09
by on May. 2, 2010 at 8:21 PM

Inside pool, whenever. Outside pool, has to be at least 90 for me.

Rock-a-bye, babies group,
right on CafeMom:
When the posts start,
The group willl rock;
When the advice flows,
No member will fail;
Down will go baby,
sleeping night and all.
Credit: Cafe Elizabeth

Come join the Babies group today!
Mother Goose Day Celebration May 3!
See you there! ~Honeybun09~Babies Mod~

LadyBast
by on May. 2, 2010 at 10:39 PM

Not sure where you are but I am about ready to jump in ours. Just got it going a week ago not sure the water is warm enough yet :)

BlessedFamily8
by on May. 2, 2010 at 10:44 PM

My baby boy has been begging to get our pool ready to swim but I think I will wait til school is out lol I love summer !!!

bhwrn1
by on May. 3, 2010 at 7:00 AM

My MIL has a pool, but it's always so cold. We start going to her house to swim as soon as they decide to take the cover off. But you can't stay in long b/c it never gets above 74!!!

Bmat
by on May. 3, 2010 at 7:54 AM

Memorial Day.

loverbugsmommy
by on May. 3, 2010 at 7:55 AM

its not warm enough here, its been in the 70's but we dont have outdoor pools.... so mine will be going to the beach

vickieb310
by on May. 3, 2010 at 8:00 AM

We ususally open our pool around Memorial Day, so a couple more weeks.  Our 8yo (well 9 this month) is always in more than anyone else.  She'll be shivering, turning blue and swears she isn't cold! lol

psych_mom
by on May. 3, 2010 at 8:11 AM

My three are the exact same way! lol.

Quoting vickieb310:

We ususally open our pool around Memorial Day, so a couple more weeks.  Our 8yo (well 9 this month) is always in more than anyone else.  She'll be shivering, turning blue and swears she isn't cold! lol

jrp0606
by on May. 3, 2010 at 10:06 AM

I usually wait until the begining of June - once the water has warmed up a little bit.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)