Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I have to redo our master bedroom bathroom...any decorating ideas?

Posted by on May. 18, 2010 at 6:06 PM
  • 15 Replies

I am not good at decorating so I am just trying to get ideas from others on what to do.  It is a very small bathroom but I would still like to make it look nice.  My theme is seashells/ocean. 

Thanks in advance for any tips you can give me!!!

by on May. 18, 2010 at 6:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bmat
by on May. 18, 2010 at 7:56 PM

I like to have the toilet seat cover and the rug match one of the colors in the shower curtain, and the wall color to match another color in the shower curtain.

Kaci
by on May. 18, 2010 at 9:56 PM

Pale, soft color schemes tend to give the illusion of more space. I'm not saying that the small bath has to be pink, but avoid strong, exciting colors. Use the brights for accessories and towels, but select pastel tones, neutrals, and whites for backgrounds. "Cool" colors give the feeling of serenity.

small bathroom picture

High Spirits Paint Featured from Dutch Boy

Copyright Dutch Boy

Get This Look for Your Small Bathroom

Why This Works for Small Baths: Dutch Boy's High Spirits nicely complements the natural wood touches in this small bathroom.

• Dutch Boy: High Spirits and White C3-4
  • Bracket lights on either side of mirror.
  • Subway tile on lower portion of wall.
Small Bathroom Ideas - Kohler Ensemble

Copyright Kohler
This is a small bathroom idea that looks big. Diagonal placement of toilet and sink pull together this bathroom corner, and the rich paint colors give the room a depth that you can't get with the lighter shades.

I think that either of the top colors would work. Then add your own personality to it. Shower curtain, curtains if you need them, shells, etc.. Here is a pic below and the link. Have fun!

AM-BRAT
by Silver Member on May. 18, 2010 at 11:54 PM

Floating shelves!

AM-BRAT
by Silver Member on May. 18, 2010 at 11:54 PM

Quoting Bmat:

I like to have the toilet seat cover and the rug match one of the colors in the shower curtain, and the wall color to match another color in the shower curtain.

AM-BRAT
by Silver Member on May. 18, 2010 at 11:55 PM

Quoting Kaci:

Pale, soft color schemes tend to give the illusion of more space. I'm not saying that the small bath has to be pink, but avoid strong, exciting colors. Use the brights for accessories and towels, but select pastel tones, neutrals, and whites for backgrounds. "Cool" colors give the feeling of serenity.

small bathroom picture

High Spirits Paint Featured from Dutch Boy

Copyright Dutch Boy

Get This Look for Your Small Bathroom

Why This Works for Small Baths: Dutch Boy's High Spirits nicely complements the natural wood touches in this small bathroom.

• Dutch Boy: High Spirits and White C3-4
  • Bracket lights on either side of mirror.
  • Subway tile on lower portion of wall.

Copyright Kohler
This is a small bathroom idea that looks big. Diagonal placement of toilet and sink pull together this bathroom corner, and the rich paint colors give the room a depth that you can't get with the lighter shades.

I think that either of the top colors would work. Then add your own personality to it. Shower curtain, curtains if you need them, shells, etc.. Here is a pic below and the link. Have fun!

AM-BRAT
by Silver Member on May. 18, 2010 at 11:55 PM

BUMP!

BlessedFamily8
by on May. 19, 2010 at 3:34 PM

Bump for more idea's i am redoing my bath also lol

owensmom34
by on May. 19, 2010 at 5:34 PM

Thank You So Much!!!  Love it!!

kahmother
by on May. 19, 2010 at 5:42 PM

Pick out one or two things in your room you want to keep and decorate around that.  I have a 1930's iron bed which belonged to my mother and I covered it with a comforter that makes the bed stand out.  It looks so old-fashioned, yet new.  I kept the window curtains plain and simple so if someone should look into my room, the bed is the first thing they see.  I'm no decorator either, but I'm happy with the way this turned out.

bhwrn1
by on May. 19, 2010 at 9:07 PM

I have a seashell/ocean theme in my bathroom. I got lighthouse stuff to go along with it: soap dispenser, little thing to hang on the wall, soap dish that I use for these little bottles of perfume, towels. It's a small bathroom so I didn't need much!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)