Group Home

Vacationing or Staying Closer to Home?

Posted by on May. 23, 2010 at 1:10 PM
  • 23 Replies

Is anyone going anywhere special this summer? We have a travel trailer and try to leave NJ as much as possible and see it all...BUT.....money is going to be tight this summer and it doesn't look like we'll be going too far. We're lucky enough to be about 40 minutes form the shore and we'll be there as much as possible!

I'm just kind of depressed about not getting away and money being tight. Are any of you going on vacation or will you spend more time at home? Is money a factor???

Myspace CommentsMyspace Comments

by on May. 23, 2010 at 1:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lovinmommy0f3
by on May. 23, 2010 at 5:34 PM

Money is definitely a factor for us.  We haven't been on vaction in 3 years so we are relly going to try to take the kids somewhere this summer.  Not sure where, I'll have to do some research on what we can afford.

natesmom1228
by on May. 23, 2010 at 6:19 PM

We are going on our honeymoon in Aug. That is about the only trip we are taking this summer.

Elyce225
by Member on May. 23, 2010 at 6:48 PM

We are doing local trips this year. Money really isn't an issue right now for us but having two babies is hard. I think we're going to do a couple over nights in OCMD and VA beach but we're going to mostly day trips to the beach and stuff. My husband, my BIL, and my 10 year old is planning on doing a 3 night camping trip so that will be fun for them.

Hey Michelle, we're planning on coming up to Philly two times this summer, we should meet up.

TheJerseyGirl
by Silver Member on May. 23, 2010 at 7:12 PM

We totally have to meet up!!!! As it gets closer, we'll make plans! Like I said before, when we went to The Franklin Institute I said out loud "Elyce is from Philly." Hubby said "Who the hell is Elyce?" LMAO!

Quoting Elyce225:

We are doing local trips this year. Money really isn't an issue right now for us but having two babies is hard. I think we're going to do a couple over nights in OCMD and VA beach but we're going to mostly day trips to the beach and stuff. My husband, my BIL, and my 10 year old is planning on doing a 3 night camping trip so that will be fun for them.

Hey Michelle, we're planning on coming up to Philly two times this summer, we should meet up.

Myspace CommentsMyspace Comments

Ladyinthewater
by on May. 23, 2010 at 7:16 PM

we live by the beach in florida (on the good side east coast) we dont go anywhere in the summer it's too freakin hot...  so we go places during the year. school.. o well we just pull the kid just came back from a 7 day cruise was great cause there was NO kids on the boat our son had a great time!!!!  WE DID buy passes for sea world and the new water park so we will be there a fw times a wk this summer

bhwrn1
by Gold Member on May. 23, 2010 at 8:57 PM

We are going to Aruba for the last two weeks of August. Other than that, we have no plans for the summer.

singlemomof2nok
by on May. 24, 2010 at 11:47 AM

No traveling here

my4kids274
by Bronze Member on May. 24, 2010 at 11:51 AM

We will be spending the summer at the beach in Delaware with my parents once the kids are out of school we are outta here...

maciymommieof3
by on May. 24, 2010 at 2:36 PM

just call me the home hugger....LOL   too broke to go anywhere....

luvmyguyandgirl
by on May. 24, 2010 at 2:39 PM

Normally, we wouldn't go anywhere because of money being tight, but this year I forced myself to save my tax refund so we could fly to CA to visit my family.  I'm really excited.  I haven't been "home" in 3 years!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. proudmommy690
  2. cemcnair
  3. melliburger
  4. ScrChk23
  5. Ladyisis
  6. momofsixangels