Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Vacationing or Staying Closer to Home?

Posted by   + Show Post

Is anyone going anywhere special this summer? We have a travel trailer and try to leave NJ as much as possible and see it all...BUT.....money is going to be tight this summer and it doesn't look like we'll be going too far. We're lucky enough to be about 40 minutes form the shore and we'll be there as much as possible!

I'm just kind of depressed about not getting away and money being tight. Are any of you going on vacation or will you spend more time at home? Is money a factor???

Myspace CommentsMyspace Comments

by on May. 23, 2010 at 1:10 PM
Replies (21-23):
theophila
by on May. 24, 2010 at 5:50 PM

We'd love to travel more too. It's a little sad, but we try to see our community too. We actually just moved to the city we're in now about 3 months ago, but upon leaving our last home (his hometown - where I lived for 6 years), I realised how much I still wanted to see there and didn't get to over the full 6 years of living there. So while it'd be nice to travel, it's also important to get around and really enjoy all the little things of your community, whether it's just a small town or even the county or state.

We try to find things that are unique to the area or just a local tradition, like for the Central Coast California where we lived, there was a farmer's market almost daily in different parts of the county, the lemon festival, the avocado festival, the Butterfly Reserve, hiking trails, Museum of Natural History, Marine Museum, rose gardens, historical sites, antiquing routes, campsites, surf spots, all just a beautiful scenic drive along the coast. I didn't realise until reading one of those tourist/"things to do" magazines how much I didn't know about home, and even though you're not a tourist, it's not a bad idea to go and appreciate those things with a fresh eye!

mactamom
by on May. 24, 2010 at 6:24 PM

we're staying close to home since i lost my job in january. my son lives about 4 hours away with his dad and will be here for two weeks starting this weekend. luckily our apartment has a pool. i have a sister who lives close and she said she'd take my DD and I to our sister's house in Orlando the end of June. We're blussed to live in an area that is surrounded by fun places that are free (except gas) and my Chattanooga Zoo membership doesn't run out til the end of June, so we can get in there for free a few more times.  I hope everyone has a safe and fun summer.

ProudSingleMum
by on May. 28, 2010 at 11:37 PM

Going on a few day trips. ANd considering hitting up Cape May this summer....I REALLY want to take my son to the beach.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)