Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How bad has the?

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 1:31 PM
  • 34 Replies

Economic situations made things in your home? Are you struggling to pay your bills, have you been laid off? Experts keep saying this is over do you believe so?

by on May. 24, 2010 at 1:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
angelachristine
by on May. 24, 2010 at 1:45 PM

struggling to pay our bills have cc that are constantly almost maxxed out, disconnect notices, dr's bills etc.... It has been rough. Hopefully things are turning around for others but it hasn't hit us yet.

M4LG5
by on May. 24, 2010 at 1:45 PM

Though i had a small cut from my salary, things have been maintained.  I feel very lucky.  I don't know if i can say that a year from now because our department is asked to make a $150,000 permanent cut to our budget which means salaries.  On top of that half my salary is on a grant and I only have 1 year left on a grant. 

It was suppose to be that the university would maintain my salary after the grant but with the salary cuts, I don't know what is going to happen.

CJsMom812
by on May. 24, 2010 at 1:49 PM

I don't see how it is over ... even though my husband has a good job it is still not enough for us to have any "extras" left over to enjoy life. I personally do not see how families with more than 1 child make it and only one parent is working.  I know too that paying insurance is about to drain us ... it just totally sucks!

Wish2Be
by Michelle on May. 24, 2010 at 1:51 PM

Its been pretty hard. Prices of everything is going up...My DH and I have not had a raise in over 3 years...and we dont see any hope of one in the near future. MIL is living with us and has been on unemployment for over a year. Its been very hard.

~ Michelle

singlemomof2nok
by on May. 24, 2010 at 2:09 PM

I think we will be struggling with it for a while.  They are laying off school personnel at my kids school because of cutbacks.

TempestRayne
by on May. 24, 2010 at 2:12 PM

I'm not seeing any real "recovery"

C.Miller
by on May. 24, 2010 at 2:16 PM

The economy in Michigan has effected us so badly that we are are moving across the country for a good job!

GlitterMEpInk
by on May. 24, 2010 at 2:26 PM

Not at all. My husband was layed off in December 09... He got back on with his company in March 10.. Only to get layed off again this month.. So, Back on unemployment it is... I'm so tired of this!!!!!

Bmat
by on May. 24, 2010 at 2:26 PM

It was partly responsible for my losing my job, indirectly.  I feel that they could not offer a good enough wage to the director and assistants of the program/department and so the people they got were...shall we say...less than competent, and so the end result was that they had their favorites and  I was forced out. Of course I would say this because I am bitter, but there it is.

maciymommieof3
by on May. 24, 2010 at 2:33 PM

bad....I am assuming just like everyone else...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)