Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Smarter Moms - Question of the Week

Posted by on Jun. 16, 2010 at 2:10 PM
  • 13 Replies

Check out the Smarter Moms - Question of the Week!

How much is too much for your kid’s shoes?

Share your thoughts here.

** The CafeMom Team

by on Jun. 16, 2010 at 2:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
maciymommieof3
by on Jul. 9, 2010 at 6:51 PM

I believe anything over 24.99 is too much

owensmom34
by on Jul. 9, 2010 at 11:45 PM

My boys only have 2 good pairs of tennies.  I always pay at least $35 - $70 for their shoes.  They wear them a long, long time so it seems worth it. 

dustinsmommy74
by on Jul. 9, 2010 at 11:47 PM

Over 30$. They are just going to outgrow them.

mommaof3angels
by on Jul. 10, 2010 at 12:41 AM

my girls have so many pairs. the have boots, flip flops differnt colors, dress shoes, sandals, tennis shoes and so on. I think we pay around 25 they do not wear them long before they out grow them

Bmat
by Gold Member on Jul. 10, 2010 at 7:43 AM

For every day wear, I'd say $20 or under would be desirable.

suroundedbyboys
by Bronze Member on Jul. 10, 2010 at 8:26 AM

I hate paying more that 20- 25, but less is better. I tend to buy cheaper shoes for my boys to wear to daycare, they have a really nasty sand in the play ground that totally ruins shoes- so they each get a pair of school only shoes. Then I get them a nicer pair of tennis shoes- usually Nikes or something similar to wear out and about, then they usually have church shoes- brown and in the summer sandals.

Jess3377
by on Jul. 10, 2010 at 8:29 AM

Well since my kids tear up shoes and grow out of them so quickly i usually buy shoes at kmart or walmart for them

single_and_preg
by on Jul. 10, 2010 at 1:55 PM

Quoting Bmat:

For every day wear, I'd say $20 or under would be desirable.

Yes I wouldnt pay anything over 20.00...Actually i dont think i have paid over 10.00 for any of my Toddlers shoes.

bhwrn1
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 6:22 AM

I won't pay more than $30. My parents have a friend who owns a shoe store and we get great prices from him. But my parents will buy those b/c they are still expensive. I have bought at Stride Rite and those are probably the most expensive. Otherwise I get them at Target or places like that.

natesmom1228
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:02 AM

I pay $45 for my son's sneakers. He loves and will really only wear the Tony Hawk brand from Kohl's. They last forever.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)