Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Summer Solstice Rituals

Posted by on Jun. 22, 2010 at 1:59 PM
  • 18 Replies

Hi Everyone,

Monday marked the first day of summer and was also officially the longest day of the year - so, it's time to tackle all your summer projects!

Whether you're going to the beach, fixing the patio or gardening - hopefully you'll be able spend some time outdoors to enjoy the extra sunlight and kick off your summer right!

What are your summer solstice rituals? If you don't have any, what's on your home to-do list this summer?

** The CafeMom Team

P.S. Check out this offer from our friends at Kmart.

ServiceLive.com - The things you need done around your house.  The price you want to pay. From computer techs to handymen, ServiceLive is the only place you can name your price on home services, select from local rated background checked pros and pay when you're happy.

Get $25 Off Your Next Project! Enter promo code IWANTMY25 at project checkout and we'll add $25 to your account.* Offer good until August 31, 2010.

*Offer only available to the first 200 respondents. ServiceLive will use the $25 credit to purchase 25 ServiceLive Bucks on your behalf and place the Bucks in your ServiceLive Wallet. You can apply the 25 ServiceLive Bucks to any Service Order completed and in Closed / Paid status by August 31, 2010 or Service Bucks will be removed from your ServiceLive Wallet. One offer per ServiceLive member. Must be a member in good standing.

by on Jun. 22, 2010 at 1:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
singlemomof2nok
by on Jun. 22, 2010 at 2:24 PM

I don't have any rituals

natesmom1228
by on Jun. 22, 2010 at 3:05 PM

I don't have any rituals, but I need to clean out my garage. I am hoping to work on  that in the next couple weeks. It rained today, so that was not going to happen.

Ajanee12
by Member on Jun. 22, 2010 at 6:41 PM

no rituals, but we need to sweep and mop the garage it really needs it! We also want to repaint the deck before Kains birthday party. We just painted it last year but used cheap outdoor paint so it chipped off on the steps

bhwrn1
by on Jun. 23, 2010 at 7:55 AM

We don't have any rituals that we do for summer solstice. I watched an interesting video about what they do at Stone Henge, though. They watch the sunrise and bring in the summer. It's neat and I would participate if I lived there. They had 20,000+ people attend!

TempestRayne
by on Jun. 23, 2010 at 9:48 AM

I have plenty of rituals, but I didn't celebrate this year :P

maciymommieof3
by on Jun. 23, 2010 at 11:08 AM

Party till the sun goes down....

maciymommieof3
by on Jun. 23, 2010 at 11:08 AM

thanks for the link above ....I have plenty of projects I can use that on.

Carey2006
by on Jun. 23, 2010 at 12:22 PM

No rituals....but we did go to the beach & in the past I have gone to some GREAT (& pretty wild) Summer Solstice parties.

mommaof3angels
by on Jun. 23, 2010 at 7:54 PM

lots of yard work,

playing hard in the sun whether it is park, beach, our yard

stefaniejane
by on Jun. 24, 2010 at 7:00 PM

No rituals.  We are living in a fixer-uper, you don't want to see MY to-do list.  I really want to put new screens in my living room and a sliding glass door in my kitchen but we don't have the funds to...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN