Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

You know those put together dressers???

Posted by on Jun. 23, 2010 at 7:22 PM
  • 13 Replies

Well, I have 2 of them falling apart.  They just weren't made very sturdy and I was wondering if anyone has a dresser that is made well. 

Thanks for any tips!

by on Jun. 23, 2010 at 7:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
singlemomof2nok
by on Jun. 24, 2010 at 8:49 AM

I had 2 of them too, and mine fell apart also.  I wish I knew of one that was better made

TempestRayne
by Silver Member on Jun. 24, 2010 at 11:39 AM

I don't mine always fall apart within a couple of months. You really end up spending less just buying a sturdy one.

stefaniejane
by on Jun. 24, 2010 at 7:06 PM

My husband had one made of particle board or something.  I was glad to trash it when we had our first apartment!  I have a pretty all wood, sturdy bedroom set.  I am so glad I had soooo many clothes in my early 20's that I opted for two dressers.  I hate when things don't match anyway :)  My daughter has a used all wood dresser, and my son-to-be has an older wood dresser that will be replaced eventually.  At least it's REAL wood and sturdy... just ugly!! I don't buy any non-wooden furnitire, it's crap.

TempestRayne
by Silver Member on Jun. 25, 2010 at 10:44 AM

Quoting stefaniejane:

My husband had one made of particle board or something.  I was glad to trash it when we had our first apartment!  I have a pretty all wood, sturdy bedroom set.  I am so glad I had soooo many clothes in my early 20's that I opted for two dressers.  I hate when things don't match anyway :)  My daughter has a used all wood dresser, and my son-to-be has an older wood dresser that will be replaced eventually.  At least it's REAL wood and sturdy... just ugly!! I don't buy any non-wooden furnitire, it's crap.

It really is, and not good for kids to have either. they trash them so quickly.

Lilypie Maternity tickers
bhwrn1
by on Jun. 25, 2010 at 2:15 PM

We got one at Target and so far it has held up pretty well.

Bmat
by Gold Member on Jun. 25, 2010 at 3:21 PM

We have a wood dresser, that I hated when we got it, but it was cheap because it was unfinished, and we finished it, and I still hate it, but it is sturdy. and still fine.

bhwrn1
by on Jun. 25, 2010 at 8:18 PM

I agree that a sturdy dresser is the way to go. We have one in my youngets son's room and I don't think that thing will ever break!

owensmom34
by on Jun. 30, 2010 at 1:36 PM

That is so true!  I'm going to go to a furniture store and buy a couple this weekend.  I'm tired of wasting $40 on junk! 

Quoting TempestRayne:

I don't mine always fall apart within a couple of months. You really end up spending less just buying a sturdy one.

AM-BRAT
by Silver Member on Jul. 2, 2010 at 11:52 PM

I don't, sorry about that. Must be a bummer.

owensmom34
by on Jul. 8, 2010 at 11:51 AM

Well, my husband fixed the dressers because I went to the furniture store (clearance section) and they didn't seem that much better.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)