You know those put together dressers???

Posted by on Jun. 23, 2010 at 7:22 PM
  • 13 Replies

Well, I have 2 of them falling apart.  They just weren't made very sturdy and I was wondering if anyone has a dresser that is made well. 

Thanks for any tips!

by on Jun. 23, 2010 at 7:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
singlemomof2nok
by on Jun. 24, 2010 at 8:49 AM

I had 2 of them too, and mine fell apart also.  I wish I knew of one that was better made

TempestRayne
by Silver Member on Jun. 24, 2010 at 11:39 AM

I don't mine always fall apart within a couple of months. You really end up spending less just buying a sturdy one.

stefaniejane
by on Jun. 24, 2010 at 7:06 PM

My husband had one made of particle board or something.  I was glad to trash it when we had our first apartment!  I have a pretty all wood, sturdy bedroom set.  I am so glad I had soooo many clothes in my early 20's that I opted for two dressers.  I hate when things don't match anyway :)  My daughter has a used all wood dresser, and my son-to-be has an older wood dresser that will be replaced eventually.  At least it's REAL wood and sturdy... just ugly!! I don't buy any non-wooden furnitire, it's crap.

TempestRayne
by Silver Member on Jun. 25, 2010 at 10:44 AM

Quoting stefaniejane:

My husband had one made of particle board or something.  I was glad to trash it when we had our first apartment!  I have a pretty all wood, sturdy bedroom set.  I am so glad I had soooo many clothes in my early 20's that I opted for two dressers.  I hate when things don't match anyway :)  My daughter has a used all wood dresser, and my son-to-be has an older wood dresser that will be replaced eventually.  At least it's REAL wood and sturdy... just ugly!! I don't buy any non-wooden furnitire, it's crap.

It really is, and not good for kids to have either. they trash them so quickly.

Lilypie Maternity tickers
bhwrn1
by Gold Member on Jun. 25, 2010 at 2:15 PM

We got one at Target and so far it has held up pretty well.

Bmat
by Gold Member on Jun. 25, 2010 at 3:21 PM

We have a wood dresser, that I hated when we got it, but it was cheap because it was unfinished, and we finished it, and I still hate it, but it is sturdy. and still fine.

bhwrn1
by Gold Member on Jun. 25, 2010 at 8:18 PM

I agree that a sturdy dresser is the way to go. We have one in my youngets son's room and I don't think that thing will ever break!

owensmom34
by on Jun. 30, 2010 at 1:36 PM

That is so true!  I'm going to go to a furniture store and buy a couple this weekend.  I'm tired of wasting $40 on junk! 

Quoting TempestRayne:

I don't mine always fall apart within a couple of months. You really end up spending less just buying a sturdy one.

AM-BRAT
by Silver Member on Jul. 2, 2010 at 11:52 PM

I don't, sorry about that. Must be a bummer.

owensmom34
by on Jul. 8, 2010 at 11:51 AM

Well, my husband fixed the dressers because I went to the furniture store (clearance section) and they didn't seem that much better.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner: