Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does anyone else use those new Corning casseroles?

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 7:34 AM
  • 9 Replies

Speaking of Corelle,  I needed new casseroles and bought a set from Corningware that appears to be the same material as Corelle. I can't use  it on the stovetop, but it is micro-safe as well as oven. I liked my old Corningware a lot- the ceramic kind that was good for everything, but I can't find it anymore. I do like my new casseroles too. They are lighter, and there is a small square one with plastic and glass lids that I use almost every day..  edit: The line is called Simply Lite.

by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 7:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
natesmom1228
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 7:59 AM

I have never used them.

single_and_preg
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 8:59 AM

Quoting natesmom1228:

I have never used them.

bhwrn1
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 9:49 AM

I use mine all the time! I love them. They are very versitile. I have one with the traditional pattern (which I got when my grandad died) and then I have a set with a harvest type theme. Here's the website:

Corningware

owensmom34
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 9:56 AM

I haven't ever tried them but if you do let me know what you think of them.  I could use some new cook ware as well.

bhwrn1
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:04 AM

They are great b/c they can go from oven to table and they look nice!

Quoting owensmom34:

I haven't ever tried them but if you do let me know what you think of them.  I could use some new cook ware as well.

Lilypie

REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE, REPURPOSE...

spinning globerecycling sweetpeaturning into globeplant a treechanging light bulb

Meditate on your own Self. Worship your Self. Respect your Self. God dwells within you as you.”  Swamni "Baba" Muktananda

Bmat
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:49 AM

I like the size of the small one. I bought the set, and the others are fine for cooking and baking, although usually I just use my old metal pans, but this litte square one is very convenient. And I snap the plastic lid on for storage in the refrigerator, and then the glass lid for oven or microwave.

Bmat
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:57 AM

I think this is the set I bought, but I don't remember that it cost this much, and it had a free casserole included.

• Quote:

• SimplyLite® 10-pc Set includes 1 each: 2.5-qt Square with Glass and Plastic Covers, 1.5-qt Square with Glass and Plastic Covers, 3-qt Rectangular with Plastic Cover and 2: 6-oz Ramekins
  • 50% Lighter (On average versus the leading ceramic bakeware brand) than traditional ceramic bakeware
  • Nest and stacks within 12" of space
  • Has a non porous, easy to clean surface
  • Oven, Microwave, Refrigerator/Freezer, Dishwasher safe
  • 3 year Warranty

It is listed on the Corningware site for $60, but I am sure I didn't pay that much.

The 1.5 qt square is the one I use every day.

bhwrn1
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 1:03 PM

We have an outlet not too far from our house. I have been there just a handful of times.

Bmat
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 1:10 PM

I wish that we did. We used to have one about a 20 minute drive, but it closed.  I was able to pick up glass lids for my corningware casseroles. I was able to get replacements for some over the phone about a year ago. I called a company that specializes in replacement lids.

Quoting bhwrn1:

We have an outlet not too far from our house. I have been there just a handful of times.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)