• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you have a water filtration system in your house?

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:29 PM
  • 10 Replies

How long have you had it?  Do you like it?

by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kmrtigger
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:53 PM

We have had a few. We had one on the sink but broke it. Before that we had the water pitcher but it was small. So now we have the huge water filter 2gallon size for water in the fridge. I have to have it b/c our city water has and odd taste. Someday I hope to upgrade to a filter on our water tank.

bhwrn1
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:47 AM

No. We thought about it, but we just bought a Brita filter instead :) It was much cheaper.

bhwrn1
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:48 AM

Oh, my parents have one. They like it a lot. But they had their house built so it was easy to choose that to be installed (as opposed to installing in an older home).

naijamom06
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 2:54 PM

No....I wish...i wouldn't have to keep buying the filters for my Britar Jug.

tabs852
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 4:03 PM

We have one that ties into our pipes some sorta way. I don't remember how often it has to be changed but it def helps our water! I love it!!! It came w/ a magnet that lights up when it's time to change it & it's unbelievable how dirty it is afterwards...makes you think twice about drinking anyone else's water straight out of their sink!

bhwrn1
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 4:06 PM

I have the large Brita system that goes in the fridge and has a spout. I really like it. But, you do have to fill it quite often b/c we use a lot of water.

Quoting kmrtigger:

We have had a few. We had one on the sink but broke it. Before that we had the water pitcher but it was small. So now we have the huge water filter 2gallon size for water in the fridge. I have to have it b/c our city water has and odd taste. Someday I hope to upgrade to a filter on our water tank.

Lilypie

REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE, REPURPOSE...

spinning globerecycling sweetpeaturning into globeplant a treechanging light bulb

Meditate on your own Self. Worship your Self. Respect your Self. God dwells within you as you.”  Swamni "Baba" Muktananda

bhwrn1
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 4:06 PM

For those of you who use filtered water, do you use it for everything: cooking, drinking, etc?

singlemomof2nok
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 10:22 AM

no 

maciymommieof3
by on Jul. 2, 2010 at 8:12 PM

no

AM-BRAT
by on Jul. 2, 2010 at 11:29 PM

We don't...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)