• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Naps

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:54 PM
  • 16 Replies

For those of you with younger kids, do they still nap? What ages are they? When did they give up their naps?

Lilypie

REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE, REPURPOSE...

spinning globerecycling sweetpeaturning into globeplant a treechanging light bulb

Meditate on your own Self. Worship your Self. Respect your Self. God dwells within you as you.”  Swamni "Baba" Muktananda

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bhwrn1
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 4:13 PM

My oldest gave up his nap around 4.5. It was king of forced b/c he went to Kindergarten and they didn't have nap time, just rest time. My middle guy still naps. He's 3.5. He takes a 1-3 hour nap every day (except today when he refused and now he's a terror!). My LO is only a year so he takes at least 2 naps a day.

kmrtigger
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:20 PM

Mine are 6, 7 and 8yrs old. And they all stopped naps at about 3yrs old. But when that happened I lowered the bedtime to make up for the lose of sleep time. 

singlemomof2nok
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 10:19 AM

mine gave up naps at the age of 3

funnymom32
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 10:33 AM

My 4.5 year old naps half the time.  My 2.5 year old naps for 2 hours everyday.

JasonsMom2007
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 10:35 AM
My 3 year old gave up naps at 2 1/2 years old. My 2 month old cat naps
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TempestRayne
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 11:34 AM

m kids had given up their naps by age two and a half, usually. My son was a little different, he would sleep sixteen hours straight a day

bhwrn1
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 12:56 PM

Does that work? Seems as if my oldest stopped napping, but now he sleeps less! He's 6.5.

Quoting kmrtigger:

Mine are 6, 7 and 8yrs old. And they all stopped naps at about 3yrs old. But when that happened I lowered the bedtime to make up for the lose of sleep time. 

Lilypie

spinning globerecycling sweetpeaturning into globeplant a treechanging light bulb

Meditate on your own Self. Worship your Self. Respect your Self. God dwells within you as you.”  Swamni "Baba" Muktananda

bhwrn1
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 12:57 PM

My LO was a cat napper until he was about 6-7 months. Then he finally got into a routine of taking one nap in the morning and one in the afternoon. He just turned 1 and he still does this now.

Quoting JasonsMom2007:

My 3 year old gave up naps at 2 1/2 years old. My 2 month old cat naps

Lilypie

bhwrn1
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 12:58 PM

Wow! That's a lot of sleep!

Quoting TempestRayne:

m kids had given up their naps by age two and a half, usually. My son was a little different, he would sleep sixteen hours straight a day

Lilypie

naijamom06
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 1:13 PM

My son is almost 4 and he still naps however he fights his nap and refuses to go to sleep....sometimes I just let him have quiet time in his bed if he has not gone to sleep after 2 hrs and then i let him get out of bed....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)