Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kid's lunches

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 4:17 PM
  • 13 Replies

What do you send your kids for lunch?

Lilypie

REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE, REPURPOSE...

spinning globerecycling sweetpeaturning into globeplant a treechanging light bulb

Meditate on your own Self. Worship your Self. Respect your Self. God dwells within you as you.”  Swamni "Baba" Muktananda

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 4:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SweetlePea
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 4:25 PM

A Sandwich, bean and cheese burrito on whole wheat tortilla, bagel sandwich, bagel and cream cheese, everything is accompanied by goldfish crackers, whole wheat ritz, or pretzels, with a fruit snack or fruit roll up, and juice. he buys a milk at school as well. ..He refuses to eat fruit at school. He straight tells me he throws it away.. and I'm not there to do anything about it, so I stopped sending it! Its just wasteful.

bhwrn1
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 8:14 AM

My kids love turkey, ham and bologna. But they don't necessarily like the bread! UGH! My oldest LOVES peanut butter. Thank goodness his school is not peanut free! I often send apple slices, carrots, cheese sticks, yogurt, cereal, grapes. Sometimes fruit snacks or fruit roll ups. They like the Target Archer Farms fruit strips, too.

maciymommieof3
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 8:17 AM

sandwich chips and fruit bowl

Ibelongtojesus
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 9:09 AM

Bento

singlemomof2nok
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 10:00 AM

They eat the school lunch or they will bring a lunchable

bhwrn1
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 1:03 PM

My middle guy loves to take bologna with Ritz crackers and american cheese! Kind of like those lunchable meals, but we make our own. Then he assembles them as little sanwhiches at school!

bhwrn1
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 1:04 PM

On Friday my middle guy gets the lunch they have at pre-school: chicken fingers and french fries (go figure). My oldest does not do school lunch b/c he's so picky there's not much for him to eat. He started camp today and they provide all snacks and lunch, so it should be interesting to see what he eats. They do have alternates, thank goodness.

Quoting singlemomof2nok:

They eat the school lunch or they will bring a lunchable

Lilypie

REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE, REPURPOSE...

spinning globerecycling sweetpeaturning into globeplant a treechanging light bulb

Meditate on your own Self. Worship your Self. Respect your Self. God dwells within you as you.”  Swamni "Baba" Muktananda

AM-BRAT
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 5:06 PM

My kids aren't in school yet, but I would send PB&J's, (with natural PB and homedae jam) whole wheat wraps, yogurts, cheese, applesauce, fresh fruits and veggies, I could think of lots!

AM-BRAT
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 5:06 PM

BUMP!

owensmom34
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 11:00 PM

In summer my kids are home with me.  We eat mac & cheese, hot dogs, pizza, sandwiches...that sort of thing.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)