Do you buy your kids new backpacks each school year?

Posted by on Jun. 29, 2010 at 5:44 PM
  • 23 Replies

Or can they use the same one for a few years?

by on Jun. 29, 2010 at 5:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BaBeezandMe
Alright July Polar Vortex, I’m ready, I welcome you!!! Give me your best shot!!
Yesterday at 3:59 PM
by on Jun. 29, 2010 at 5:46 PM

my boys just finished up 2 years of Pre-K and their first year they didn't have backpacks.  But this year they did and their backpacks are still in great shape so they will be using the same backpacks for Kindergarden.

People need to understand that children with special needs are not sick. They are not searching for a cure, just acceptance.

Hugs, Jeanne

Ladyinthewater
by on Jun. 29, 2010 at 5:49 PM

my kid is in 2nd grade and he was getting a new one each year he beats the crap out of them welll last year i was sick of it soo i went and got him the Jansport it was a 65.00 backpack i got it for 50 and that was that he has his for the next few years it's gray with skulls dice and cross boats and Ace of spades.. so it will last him till he is thru middle school

owensmom34
by on Jun. 29, 2010 at 5:49 PM

I am the same way.  I try to use the backpack until it wears out.  One year we had a pudding incident and had to throw it out, but otherwise they keep them for awhile.

Quoting BaBeezandMe:

my boys just finished up 2 years of Pre-K and their first year they didn't have backpacks.  But this year they did and their backpacks are still in great shape so they will be using the same backpacks for Kindergarden.

bhwrn1
by Gold Member on Jun. 29, 2010 at 7:00 PM

They can use the same one if it is in good shape.

TheJerseyGirl
by Silver Member on Jun. 29, 2010 at 9:03 PM

My boys Jansports look like new and they will be going on their 3 rd year using them! My DD must have 10 and actually just got one for school th eother day!

owensmom34
by on Jun. 29, 2010 at 9:45 PM

I've heard that Jansport is great quality!  I am considering that for my older kids this year.

Quoting TheJerseyGirl:

My boys Jansports look like new and they will be going on their 3 rd year using them! My DD must have 10 and actually just got one for school th eother day!

smorgan7204
by on Jun. 29, 2010 at 11:55 PM

My 2 dd's are going on their third year of using Jansports as well.  I don't remember how much I paid for them, but I know I didn't pay $50 like the pp said.  Search for deals for them online.  They are def worth paying a little extra money for.  Before these I was replacing backpacks every year.

bb1214
by on Jun. 30, 2010 at 12:12 AM

I sure try note to.  However if the backpack is ripped or has wheel problems I end up having to buy new ones.  I really dont like that. but what are you going to do

JustMeGeraldine
by on Jun. 30, 2010 at 12:13 AM

When they were in school YES. Sometimes 2 a year.

jennymajchszak
by Bronze Member on Jun. 30, 2010 at 12:25 AM

with my 2 dd's I do not have to they are in the 4th and 5th grade but my ds I have to buy him 2 of them ever year and he is just in the 2ed he is so hard on his back packs

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner: