Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you have a chocolate fondue set?

Posted by   + Show Post

I am so tempted to get one for my kids to enjoy but I'm wondering how much of a mess it would be?  How much do they average in cost?

by on Jun. 30, 2010 at 1:47 PM
Replies (11-20):
owensmom34
by on Jul. 5, 2010 at 2:27 PM

So true!  I was at a shower and it was a fun, attractive dessert for guests.  There are so many possibilities as you mentioned.

Quoting Bmat:

They make a fun dessert for a party. Some chocolate sauce, or I've also used caramel sauce,  with pound cake or angel food cake pieces,  pineapple chunks, marshmallows, apple slices, orange slices.

dustinsmommy74
by on Jul. 5, 2010 at 6:00 PM

No but I am going to buy one.

bhwrn1
by on Jul. 5, 2010 at 8:45 PM

This is true! I really should take it out of the box! LOL!

Quoting Bmat:

They make a fun dessert for a party. Some chocolate sauce, or I've also used caramel sauce,  with pound cake or angel food cake pieces,  pineapple chunks, marshmallows, apple slices, orange slices.

Lilypie

REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE, REPURPOSE...

spinning globerecycling sweetpeaturning into globeplant a treechanging light bulb

Meditate on your own Self. Worship your Self. Respect your Self. God dwells within you as you.”  Swamni "Baba" Muktananda

Bmat
by on Jul. 5, 2010 at 9:25 PM

LOL!

Quoting bhwrn1:

This is true! I really should take it out of the box! LOL!

Quoting Bmat:

mommacatof3
by on Jul. 6, 2010 at 8:58 AM

My husband got me a chocolate set that has molds. You melt it in the double boiler provided and then pour it in squeeze bottles to put it in the molds. If they are older kids they should be able to do it. Little ones might get burned because the chocolate can get very hot.

Bmat
by on Jul. 6, 2010 at 10:42 AM

This is cool! I have a friend who makes candy with molds. She likes to bring small boxes of it whenever a group of us gets together. She makes molded candy with nuts, raisins, pb, plain.

Quoting mommacatof3:

My husband got me a chocolate set that has molds. You melt it in the double boiler provided and then pour it in squeeze bottles to put it in the molds. If they are older kids they should be able to do it. Little ones might get burned because the chocolate can get very hot.

iHEAVENn
by Bronze Member on Jul. 6, 2010 at 1:42 PM

My mom has a chocolate fountain. Everyone in the family LOVES it. 

She brings it out for baby showers, birthdays, holidays, football games, etc. 

The little kids (ages 2-5) even use it with very little help from the parents. It's yummy, and great fun. 

Bmat
by on Jul. 6, 2010 at 1:51 PM

It is hard to clean up?

Quoting iHEAVENn:

My mom has a chocolate fountain. Everyone in the family LOVES it. 

She brings it out for baby showers, birthdays, holidays, football games, etc. 

The little kids (ages 2-5) even use it with very little help from the parents. It's yummy, and great fun. 

momof3angela
by on Jul. 6, 2010 at 6:25 PM

I have one that was given to me for Christmas...think it was only like $15....my daughter got it for us.  We love it.  The kids' especially.

TheJerseyGirl
by Silver Member on Jul. 6, 2010 at 9:10 PM

We've never had one but make smores quite a bit. i'm not sure how much they cost...I remember seeing a Hershey one at Christmas.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN