Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Netflix, Blockbuster, etc....

Posted by   + Show Post

Have you ever used these through the mail services? What did you think?

Lilypie

REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE, REPURPOSE...

spinning globerecycling sweetpeaturning into globeplant a treechanging light bulb

Meditate on your own Self. Worship your Self. Respect your Self. God dwells within you as you.”  Swamni "Baba" Muktananda

by on Jul. 3, 2010 at 8:29 PM
Replies (11-20):
bhwrn1
by on Jul. 5, 2010 at 8:11 PM

We had Netflix for a while. We found that we would just let the movies sit and not watch the. So we stopped using the service. Then we missed it and decided to give Blockbuster a try. We did the same thing. So now we just rent it or watch it on demand.

mommacatof3
by on Jul. 6, 2010 at 8:59 AM

I still have Shutter Island from Netflix I have to watch. I love Netflix. No wait fees. Return at your own pace.

kdgord
by Bronze Member on Jul. 6, 2010 at 9:02 AM

We have Netflix and we love it. We have our computer and then we also have a Wii and Xbox360 so we can stream movies and shows either on the computer or straight to our tv plus we get the dvds in the mail. We have had it for over a year now.

singlemomof2nok
by on Jul. 6, 2010 at 9:02 AM

I haven't but I have friends that do

lavendaar
by on Jul. 6, 2010 at 10:01 AM

we've used both! we enjoy them both, the each have their own bonuses. for us the netflix is nice b/c you can watch a lot instantly on your computer, xbox, wii, or ps3. even exersice stuff and lots of kids shows! the blockbuster was nice b/c you could take your mail in to the store andtrade it for something in the store, and then have your new mailed one sent to you. we have the pass now through blockbuster, for about $30 a month we can get as many movies or games as we like, no late fees and trade them out as many times a day as we want. this has been great when we want to watch a TV show on DVD like dexter or true blood, we may be behind, but we end up saving money b/c we aren't haveing to pay for the extra TV chanels and we are already paying for the pass. the pass has also saved us money as we can try out video games basically for free, instead of dropping $60 for a new game and then not enjoying it and only being able to trade it for $40 at best. hope that answered your questions. PM me if you want more info.

natesmom1228
by on Jul. 6, 2010 at 6:55 PM

No, we are not big movie people so that would be no use to us.

owensmom34
by on Jul. 7, 2010 at 12:41 AM

Mmmmm...I love to read!  Booksfree...I'm going to check this out!  Thanks!

Quoting dustinsmommy74:

I have netflix and I love it. Also booksfree is great to!

AM-BRAT
by Silver Member on Jul. 8, 2010 at 12:09 AM

I might do netflx someday, I always hear good things!

AM-BRAT
by Silver Member on Jul. 8, 2010 at 12:10 AM

I didn't realize other companies had the mail service... I do live under a rock though lol, so.

owensmom34
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 9:03 PM

I agree!  Netflix is so nice to have in that there are no late fees!

Quoting mommacatof3:

I still have Shutter Island from Netflix I have to watch. I love Netflix. No wait fees. Return at your own pace.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)