Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How often have you had to purchase a new microwave since you've been married?

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2010 at 7:48 AM
  • 22 Replies

We've gone through 2 microwaves in 14 years of marriage which seems like a lot.  Which comes to another question...

How come appliances don't last longer now days?

by on Jul. 8, 2010 at 7:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JeremysMom
by on Jul. 8, 2010 at 7:54 AM

We have had 2 microwaves in 8 years but the only reason we had to replace the first one was because it was 220V and we were moving back to the states and needed a 110V. My parents had their microwave for nearly 20 years. As a child I was always hoping it would tear up because I hated it. It finally broke after I moved out!

BlueCollarMama
by on Jul. 8, 2010 at 8:02 AM

We've only had the one that we have no but then again we've only been together 4 years LOL

Semper!
Polly
Proud Marine/Army Wife and WAHM of 5!

tangleballlover
by on Jul. 8, 2010 at 8:39 AM

We've been through 2 microwaves in 4 years. We had a GE and it just crapped out on us. Then we got a really nice microwave so hopefully it'll last longer. The one my mom had (and I think may still have) she had for 19 some odd years.

Bmat
by on Jul. 8, 2010 at 8:47 AM

We are on our second. It has slowed down a bit but still works. I like the turntable and would definitely get another with a turntable.

singlemomof2nok
by on Jul. 8, 2010 at 9:05 AM

I am divorced but I have bought 3 in the past 7 years.  I will learn that cheaper is not always better

natesmom1228
by on Jul. 8, 2010 at 9:27 AM

I have had the microwave for the past 5 years and it's still going strong.

TempestRayne
by on Jul. 8, 2010 at 10:32 AM

appliances don't last longer because companies can make more money off you.  I've had to buy two or three.

owensmom34
by on Jul. 8, 2010 at 11:46 AM

I agree!  Sometimes I end up buying and paying more than if I just would of bought quality in the first place!

Quoting singlemomof2nok:

I am divorced but I have bought 3 in the past 7 years.  I will learn that cheaper is not always better

notjstanothrmom
by Bronze Member on Jul. 8, 2010 at 11:46 AM

We only have one... we rarely use it though.

bhwrn1
by on Jul. 8, 2010 at 8:31 PM

I have had the same microwave we purchased almost 10 years ago. It is still in great working condition. The only problem we have is that the glass on the front has come loose and slides down. We need to take the door off and fix that!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)