• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Used my $50 gift card today! Tax free weekend.

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 2:38 PM
  • 8 Replies

Im not really a Kmart shopper, although I am thankful to have been picked to participate in this BTS program, since I am going back to school!! :D

The Kmart in my area (which is closest to me), disappointed me by their high prices and with their customer service (or should I say "lack thereof") in the Layaway department. I checked back twice during the time I was there shopping, and nobody was around.

As far as what I purchased, I went over the gift card limit by 19. My total was $69.

I got:

a Planner/ Organizer (which was in the $5.99 pile, but when I got to the check out it was $9.99!!)

7 pack Z Grip pens

10 pack Bic #2 mechanical pencils

7 packs of loose leaf paper

dry erase board

Liquid Paper correction film

Colored Pencils

Twin pack of Right Guard deo

Suave Deo

10 pack #2 pencils

5 pack Bic highlighters

4 Durable brand 3 ring binders

2 packs of copy and print paper

by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 2:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
othermom
by Ruby Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 2:55 PM

Lots of great stuff. Thats to bad that the experiance at the store wasn't better.

psych_mom
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 3:20 PM

I have to say that it doesn't seem like a whole lot of stuff. I got supplies at Wal-mart for 3 kids and spent less than $25. I also think that the printer paper was cheaper there, less than $3 a pack. Even if you took the planner away at $10 it still isn't that much... sorry, just my opinion.

jessiesluv
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 3:21 PM

I agree with ya. I was really disappointed with the prices. I dont know if its just the Kmart thats here, or if kmart is high everywhere. lol

I wish i couldve gotten more but i am still thankful for the $50!

psych_mom
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 3:33 PM

I agree about the being thankful part. It seems to me that their prices increased around the time they filed for bankruptcy and closed half their stores. I'm sure they have to make up the revenue, but if they would go down on their prices a little I could shop there more often. I am going tomorrow to use my gift card on shoes and backpacks.

Bmat
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 3:34 PM

Too bad about the lack of service and the prices. Still it was nice to have the extra $50. :)

jennyfrances
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 3:47 PM

I think the prices are like that in every K-Mart. The prices are higher here. Our K-Mart has very little movies and DVD's. I would love to shop more at K-Mart.

bhwrn1
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 9:11 PM

Wow, lots of stuff! Nice job!

HurleyMom25
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 9:45 PM

You got a lot of great stuff!! So sorry to hear about the service and high prices, I had a hard time with the associates in Customer Service. They stood there, but weren't too helpful.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)