Smarter Moms - Question of the Week

Posted by on Oct. 24, 2010 at 12:00 AM
  • 27 Replies

Check out the Smarter Moms - Question of the Week!

How old were your kids when they got their ears pierced?

Share your thoughts here.

** The CafeMom Team

by on Oct. 24, 2010 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sdc9579
by on Nov. 8, 2010 at 9:44 AM

My oldest daughter was 3 years old. She was also attending daycare & one of her studs fell out. I put one of my earrings in that ear. At daycare again, they lost another earring. This went on though about 3 or 4 pairs of earrings til I was fed up & we let her holes close up. Seemed impossible to keep them in her ears while attending daycare. She is nine now & we may get hers ears pierced again when she asks. I also have a four year old daughter & have not yet pierced her ears because of our experience with the older daughter.

koolkidsmom
by on Nov. 8, 2010 at 1:57 PM

One year and never had any problems since she was so small and got used to wearing them.  She wore the little tiny gold rings.  Also we had her doctor do the piercing.

lindazada
by on Nov. 8, 2010 at 2:04 PM

My two daughters were 8 and 6.

My youngest had reservations but she went through it anyway.  She's such a trooper.

Danielle_Nicole
by on Nov. 8, 2010 at 2:05 PM

Only one of my daughters has her done and she was 3.

KristinRox
by on Nov. 8, 2010 at 2:06 PM

Both of my dd's got their ears pierced when they were tiny. My first was 5 months old ,and my second was about 3 months. They cried for about 30 seconds and then it was done. It was very easy to take care of them, especially where they were both so young they didnt play with them. Both of them love to go and buy little earrings for their ears.

connietrrll
by on Nov. 8, 2010 at 2:06 PM

My daughter got her first piercing when she was 1. On her birthday, just before we had her pictures taken. It was a fun day (insert sarcasm button). Then we had the party after she napped. My boys both had theirs done at 5.

LadyCash
by on Nov. 8, 2010 at 2:09 PM

Being he's only 2, we're not quite there yet, lol.

If and when he does, my attitude now is, 'no biggie'.

Let's hope I maintain that, hmm?

ZBandMom
by on Nov. 8, 2010 at 2:20 PM

Each of my DDs were 8 when I let them get their ears pierced.  My rule was that they couldn't get their ears pierced until they were able to take care of them on their own.  I taught each of them how to take care of their ears and supervised them for the 1st week to make sure they knew what they were doing. Once they proved to me they knew what to do, they were on their own.  Neither one of them had problems. 

othermom
by Ruby Member on Nov. 8, 2010 at 2:24 PM

My kids haven't yet. I got mine the first time when I was 5. My daughter is 5 now and was wanting to do it, but then decided she wanted to wait. If she chooses to do it I will let her.

momtochelhawk
by on Nov. 8, 2010 at 3:03 PM

My daughter is 2, but I haven't gotten hers done. I'm gonna wait until she's old enough to decide for herself if she wants them done or not.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner: