Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am getting pretty jealous down here ladies!! With all these posts about Christmas and your husband's going crazy on gifts and being involved in the wrapping -- I wanna know how many of your husbands are super involved in Christmas or are they like mine and completely uninvolved?!

I mean, my husband doesn't want to do ANY shopping, no gift ideas, and doesn't care when I talk to him about it. The only things he talks about is the Christmas budget and then this year he's upset because the kids (4 and 2) are going to be getting big gifts from Santa in the form of a Doll House for DD and a Castle for DS. Both about $60 each.

by on Nov. 2, 2010 at 10:42 AM
Replies (11-20):
Mrs.Pool2Be
by on Nov. 2, 2010 at 11:38 AM

My husband is 100% like yours and could care less what I get or when it gets wrapped.  It kinda irritates me because I think if he isn't going to help fight the crowds to buy the stuff the least he can do is help wrap it.  LOL

zoeysmom331
by on Nov. 2, 2010 at 11:39 AM

mine helps. I do most of the wrapping, but he shops for his family because I know most of them would hate what I buy for them

mylovesareCCC
by on Nov. 2, 2010 at 11:40 AM

My husband isn't too involved either. He goes with us to help pick out the christmas tree... but he gets what I want and he cuts it down and totes it to the truck. lol. He helps me wrap the lights and hang ornaments. He NEVER wraps presents. He likes to stuff the stockings... but he doesn't really pick out the gifts. He doesn't care about budget either because he knows I am WAY better with money than him. (like dd's first Christmas she was 9 months and he helped pick out her Christmas and we spent $1300 on HER! Last year he was deployed and I spent less than $1200 on TWO kids). I never spend out of our comfort zone.

mommareynolds09
by on Nov. 2, 2010 at 11:42 AM

Wow, our husbands must be brothers or something! Seriously!!! He's trying to tell me he's not a Grinch -- but seriously Christmas morning he wants to get up, get the presents opened (i'm not allowed to take pictures) and done with ASAP. Then he spends some time putting it all together and retreats to his computer and stays there all day. 

UGH!

Quoting amy7243:

My husband is the biggest GRINCH I know! He hates the holidays  and everything that goes with them. I am totally opposite I love Christmas!!! 

Chrissy0918
by Bronze Member on Nov. 2, 2010 at 11:46 AM
My hubbs helps pick out gifts, and only wraps bc I make him! Lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Samanthamommy
by on Nov. 2, 2010 at 12:48 PM

Yeah, we're mostly doing clothes, and just a few toys for the kids. And my hubby and I don't buy eachother anything, since we'd rather spend what we've got on the kids.

Plus- he will NOT go shopping. He hates the crowds, and even more- he hates not being able to buy everything he see's that he likes, so he just doesn't shop. :P

Rushn311
by Ruby Member on Nov. 2, 2010 at 12:51 PM

for the longest time I thought my hubby wanted me to do all the shopping since I like to...then he says he wants to pick some toys out for our son, not our daughter cause he hasn't a clue. So I was kinda shocked....he is involved when I tell him what I got and is interested. He doesn't like to know how much I spent total though; it scares him!

ZBandMom
by on Nov. 2, 2010 at 12:56 PM

I make DH go Black Friday shopping with me but only so he can push the cart while I run around and do the shopping.  So he's kind of involved but it's forced involvement.  LOL

He does like to wrap presents and in fact, does a much better job than me.  He's a perfectionist, making sure no tape is showing and that the paper is even on the sides.  The presents he wraps are beautiful.  I told him he should wrap presents for stores that offer free wrapping services.  He doesn't think so.

He helps decorate a little bit, but that is usually my department and that is where my perfectionism takes over.  So he just usually hands me an ornament or decoration and I place it where I feel it should go.

Leelee1008
by Alicia on Nov. 2, 2010 at 1:00 PM

mines pretty much a scrooge! He doesnt help with wrapping, he hates to decorate, im lucky he gos and gets the tree, although he does it with such excitement..... NOT! His family isnt really big on christmas from the 12 years I have been with him thats what I get. sometimes his mom and dad have a tree, half the time they dont. they barely decorate too. I found out from him the other day that (although I knew parts of this) his dad wasnt there much growing up, and he would cut down a tree somewhere in the back yard and then he wasnt there to put it up, his uncles had to. I guess thats why he really doesnt have much xmas spirit. oh and to take him shopping, FORGET IT. he is kinda looking forward to black friday shopping this year If we have the money.

clo1988
by Member on Nov. 2, 2010 at 1:04 PM

My hubby gets involved but only when I instigate it! I start the christmas list and he jumps in with ideas when I ask (not always good ideas..a bb gun for a 3 yr old!?! lol) I start pulling out the christmas stuff and he starts putting it up. Right now I have him all pumped up for black friday but when it comes down to it he problly wont be thrilled in the middle of the night. As far as gift buying he is usually with me because I randomly pick stuff up but I dont get very much input from him! He does like to have a say in the budget but thats just because he LOVES his money! Lol...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)