Group Home

I am getting pretty jealous down here ladies!! With all these posts about Christmas and your husband's going crazy on gifts and being involved in the wrapping -- I wanna know how many of your husbands are super involved in Christmas or are they like mine and completely uninvolved?!

I mean, my husband doesn't want to do ANY shopping, no gift ideas, and doesn't care when I talk to him about it. The only things he talks about is the Christmas budget and then this year he's upset because the kids (4 and 2) are going to be getting big gifts from Santa in the form of a Doll House for DD and a Castle for DS. Both about $60 each.

by on Nov. 2, 2010 at 10:42 AM
Replies (21-30):
Aqua_Jen
by Gold Member on Nov. 2, 2010 at 1:07 PM
My husband shops and wraps. He just doesn't like to do it early like I do!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsNewman
by Bronze Member on Nov. 2, 2010 at 1:08 PM

My husband would like to go shopping with me, but he works a lot .... he will help wrap though. 

Jennifer_236
by Bronze Member on Nov. 2, 2010 at 1:09 PM

My husband doesn't care what I get the kids as long as they get stuff 

mommareynolds09
by on Nov. 7, 2010 at 11:54 AM

haha! that's hilarious!

Quoting Jennifer_236:

My husband doesn't care what I get the kids as long as they get stuff 

mommareynolds09
by on Nov. 7, 2010 at 11:55 AM

He WANTS to shop with you??????? Do you guys look at the ads together and just go off that then?

Quoting MrsNewman:

My husband would like to go shopping with me, but he works a lot .... he will help wrap though. 

Miss.Cullen
by on Nov. 7, 2010 at 11:58 AM

Ah that stinks! =/

KristinRox
by on Nov. 7, 2010 at 12:03 PM

My dh likes to help pick out presents. He gets right into it, and waits for the flyers to see if he can find some cool presents for the kids. Sometimes I have to settle him down when we are shopping though.. hed have everything in the cart if id let him. I do most of the wrapping but we do have a little wrapping party on christmas eve and we wrap together.

My dh is definitely a christmas kind of guy.

Kimberlynn
by on Nov. 7, 2010 at 12:28 PM
I love shopping at the stores for gifts because of the Christmas decor, music, people, ect. My DH would rather shop on line. I'll come up with a gift list and he'll go online and price compare everything so we can stay in budget. I try and help with gift wrapping but, he'll take it over because he says I can't do it right. It's true! LOL! Everyone teases that they know which ones I wrap! He's Mr. Martha Stewart! He doesn't help with the christmas baking other then by eating them. = ) Even though he doesn't understand why I need the tree up and decorated on Thanksgiving weekend (growing up, his family did it the day before christmas eve) he'll drag it out for me and help the kiddos and I deco it. So, I guess I can honestly say that yes my DH does help! = )
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
karischub
by on Nov. 7, 2010 at 12:32 PM

My husband sounds a little like yours. Our first conversations about Christmas is ALWAYS the budget. He was pretty generous with it this year so it wasn't a big argument. We talked about DD's big Christmas gift and agreed pretty quickly.

He is the wrapper. He doesn't like to wrap but is very precise at it. We agree that we don't want the gifts to look like our three year old wrapped it so I'm hands off in that department.

othermom
by Ruby Member on Nov. 7, 2010 at 12:48 PM

My husband isn't to in to it. He knows what I bought, but I do most of the shopping. I do all the wrapping and stuff too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. hugss
  2. BeachLifeMama
  3. SweetLuci
  4. mom2jessnky
  5. mrswillie
  6. proudmommy690