Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Don't $50 Giftcard Recipients "HAVE" To Use Layaway or No?(CAFEMOM ANSWER)

Posted by on Nov. 5, 2010 at 9:52 AM
  • 47 Replies

confusedcredit cardshrugging

I am confused... I basically was under the impression as $50 Kmart gift card recipients part of what was expected of us, in using the card was to Use the Kmart Layaway and then post a review of it on here?

If that is true, why are so many people getting things online or bringing home their hauls in one shopping trip on the same day?

I know I would prefer to bring my haul home all in one day too (even though I think it is awesome a layaway is available if needed : D )

Or was the requirement we had to at least "CHECK OUT" the layaway but not necessarily HAVE to use it?

Can anyone clarify this for me BEFORE I go shopping so that I am sure to follow the rules correctly?
CAFEMOM do you know?

THANK YOU!!!

UPDATE:

I private messaged Cafemom and they said as they did in the original letter:

While you are shopping in Kmart we ask that you try or at least check out Kmart's Layaway plan.

by on Nov. 5, 2010 at 9:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mrs.Pool2Be
by on Nov. 5, 2010 at 10:05 AM

I have no idea but I hope you find the answers you need.  So I will give you a B U M P.

thejeanteam
by on Nov. 5, 2010 at 10:08 AM

Basically, Yes you are suppose to, the whole reason they even did this was to get reviews on layaway. it doesn't say, give us your review on your shopping trip today..no, it says layaway. People should do it correclty. but I guess it's more like a freebie chance to alot of people. i hope only the ones who did it right get picked for this again should they have it again. Cafemom will check reviews I'm sure to see who did it, and who to take off the list of potential influencers.

lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Nov. 5, 2010 at 10:38 AM

You don't have to use it, but they ask that you at least look into it and check it out.......

After you make your first post we will send you a $50 Kmart gift card to assist you with your holiday shopping. While you are shopping in Kmart we ask that you try or at least check out Kmart's Layaway plan.

carter210
by on Nov. 5, 2010 at 11:04 AM

BUMP!

thejeanteam
by on Nov. 5, 2010 at 11:04 AM

well I sure see alot of them just saying what they bought without even mentioning layaway once...so did THEY at least check it out...I'm not being hateful..lol...it's just nice for cafemom to do this, so people should do it right.

earthangel1967
by Silver Member on Nov. 5, 2010 at 11:05 AM

Thanks for your replies so far. BOTH sides make sense LOL and I want to make 100% sure I do it the way they want me too so I just emailed Cafe Robin and she is forwarding this question to the CafeMom Influencer Team to answer so then I can be completely confident to do the right thing.

When I do get the answer from the CafeMom Influencer Team, I will post what they say about this issue here so everyone knows for sure. ok? : D

Unless one of those team members answer here before I do.

momtochelhawk
by on Nov. 5, 2010 at 11:05 AM

They want you to, but NO you do not have to. They want reviews on it, and know that most are going to use it. They have no rule that you absolutely have to, they just want you to at least check it out.

christinabri
by on Nov. 5, 2010 at 11:06 AM

I read it again, and from what I understand you are only required to look into it.  It says nothing about it being mandatory to use the layaway.  :)

Aydans_Mommy
by on Nov. 5, 2010 at 11:08 AM
I looked into it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thejeanteam
by on Nov. 5, 2010 at 11:10 AM

I sure didn't want to use layaway this time around, but I did just to give my review, I just didn't have much to put on layaway. some ppl can use theirs in one trip, but for the sake of reviewing I would hope some actually did it....I wish more companies would bring back layaway.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)