Group Home

Don't $50 Giftcard Recipients "HAVE" To Use Layaway or No?(CAFEMOM ANSWER)

confusedcredit cardshrugging

I am confused... I basically was under the impression as $50 Kmart gift card recipients part of what was expected of us, in using the card was to Use the Kmart Layaway and then post a review of it on here?

If that is true, why are so many people getting things online or bringing home their hauls in one shopping trip on the same day?

I know I would prefer to bring my haul home all in one day too (even though I think it is awesome a layaway is available if needed : D )

Or was the requirement we had to at least "CHECK OUT" the layaway but not necessarily HAVE to use it?

Can anyone clarify this for me BEFORE I go shopping so that I am sure to follow the rules correctly?
CAFEMOM do you know?

THANK YOU!!!

UPDATE:

I private messaged Cafemom and they said as they did in the original letter:

While you are shopping in Kmart we ask that you try or at least check out Kmart's Layaway plan.

by on Nov. 5, 2010 at 9:52 AM
Replies (11-20):
ChaoticAtBest
by on Nov. 5, 2010 at 11:10 AM

I understood it to be you had to check out the layaway  plan offered. It did not say you HAD to use it =) I was actually going to use it until I realized I would be throwing away $5 and I had to go back and make weekly payments. Unfortunately the closest Kmart to me is 45 minutes away. I only go there once a month or so and to have to go back weekly would be kind of expensive for me.

I will go back and edit my reply because I may have forgotten to mention why I chose not to use the layaway plan :)

mrswillie
by CeeCee on Nov. 5, 2010 at 11:12 AM

After you make your first post we will send you a $50 Kmart gift card to assist you with your holiday shopping. While you are shopping in Kmart we ask that you try or at least check out Kmart's Layaway plan. You can read more about Kmart's Layaway plan HERE.

The above is what the letter I recieved said.

mrs.phillips123
by on Nov. 5, 2010 at 11:14 AM

I am def going to look into it and ask some people that have used it so i can review what i learned, but the closest kmart to me is around 3 hours away so i cant just go every week and make payments, plus layaway isnt something we NEED to use so ill just research it and ask some of the employees there what they think etc.

im still waiting for my card though and were supposed to use it by the 15th, yikes!

earthangel1967
by Silver Member on Nov. 5, 2010 at 1:35 PM

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

Those who posted excerpts from the letter ... that is what mine said too, but I wanted to be SURE.

Rushn311
by Ruby Member on Nov. 5, 2010 at 1:37 PM

Hope you get the answer you are looking for!

Not.So.Virginal
by on Nov. 5, 2010 at 1:39 PM

you're supposed to use layaway, but also have everything done by the 15th. So whoever set it up didnt understand that layaway isn't something there you put stuff on there and then pick it up the next day, it's usually over the course of a month, and we didnt even have a month from when they announced it until it was due.

So I'm guessing a few people will be trying layaway, but most will just bring it home or shop online.

I'm not a fan of layaway, but have also never really been in a position where I couldnt just use my credit card instead.

Aqua_Jen
by Gold Member on Nov. 5, 2010 at 1:41 PM

I am not participating in this one, but I think the point of it IS to review layaways. I know it is very helpful for me to read all of your reviews on it because Ive never used layaway and I dont know if its a good option for us or if we should just pay for everything up front.

iHEAVENn
by Bronze Member on Nov. 5, 2010 at 1:55 PM

I know right now there are three different active programs. One for Smart Sense only products (one I did)

One for layaway, which yes if the email said use layaway with the $50 gift card then you SHOULD honor the Cafemom's request and use it towards a lay away purchase.

and there's one for holiday shopping where the mom's have to buy toys for their kiddos. 

You need to follow which ever email you were sent. 

redhead-bedhead
by on Nov. 5, 2010 at 1:56 PM

You can do layaway online. Thats what I did.

iHEAVENn
by Bronze Member on Nov. 5, 2010 at 1:56 PM

Quoting Not.So.Virginal:

you're supposed to use layaway, but also have everything done by the 15th. So whoever set it up didnt understand that layaway isn't something there you put stuff on there and then pick it up the next day, it's usually over the course of a month, and we didnt even have a month from when they announced it until it was due.

So I'm guessing a few people will be trying layaway, but most will just bring it home or shop online.

I'm not a fan of layaway, but have also never really been in a position where I couldnt just use my credit card instead.

You're supposed to shop, put your stuff in layaway and write your review about the entire process by the 15th. Then get your stuff out when your layaway is paid off. 

-:Logan Jacob:-

-:December 1st 2007:-

-:7 Pounds 4 Ounces:- 

-:My Everything:- 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. proudmommy690
  2. cemcnair
  3. melliburger
  4. ScrChk23
  5. Ladyisis
  6. momofsixangels