Group Home

Don't $50 Giftcard Recipients "HAVE" To Use Layaway or No?(CAFEMOM ANSWER)

confusedcredit cardshrugging

I am confused... I basically was under the impression as $50 Kmart gift card recipients part of what was expected of us, in using the card was to Use the Kmart Layaway and then post a review of it on here?

If that is true, why are so many people getting things online or bringing home their hauls in one shopping trip on the same day?

I know I would prefer to bring my haul home all in one day too (even though I think it is awesome a layaway is available if needed : D )

Or was the requirement we had to at least "CHECK OUT" the layaway but not necessarily HAVE to use it?

Can anyone clarify this for me BEFORE I go shopping so that I am sure to follow the rules correctly?
CAFEMOM do you know?

THANK YOU!!!

UPDATE:

I private messaged Cafemom and they said as they did in the original letter:

While you are shopping in Kmart we ask that you try or at least check out Kmart's Layaway plan.

by on Nov. 5, 2010 at 9:52 AM
Replies (21-30):
DomsMama07
by Platinum Member on Nov. 5, 2010 at 1:56 PM

I believe they told you to try OR check out the lay away program!

Not.So.Virginal
by on Nov. 5, 2010 at 1:58 PM

it may be just me, but i havent heard good things about the layaway.... things being lost (from one item to a whole order). Plus you pay $5 up front for using it. I'd rather use that $5 towards part of a gift and buy things a few items at a time if that's how I can afford to do it.

My mom used to have a great time with layaway, but it's not like it used to be because I believe they dont handle layaway all year long, just during holidays

Quoting Aqua_Jen:

I am not participating in this one, but I think the point of it IS to review layaways. I know it is very helpful for me to read all of your reviews on it because Ive never used layaway and I dont know if its a good option for us or if we should just pay for everything up front.

Aydans_Mommy
by on Nov. 5, 2010 at 1:59 PM
I agree

Quoting Not.So.Virginal:

it may be just me, but i havent heard good things about the layaway.... things being lost (from one item to a whole order). Plus you pay $5 up front for using it. I'd rather use that $5 towards part of a gift and buy things a few items at a time if that's how I can afford to do it.

My mom used to have a great time with layaway, but it's not like it used to be because I believe they dont handle layaway all year long, just during holidays

Quoting Aqua_Jen:

I am not participating in this one, but I think the point of it IS to review layaways. I know it is very helpful for me to read all of your reviews on it because Ive never used layaway and I dont know if its a good option for us or if we should just pay for everything up front.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Not.So.Virginal
by on Nov. 5, 2010 at 2:00 PM

how are you supposed to review the WHOLE experience when you're experience isn't finished yet? You could write an awesome review about their layaway, and then they lose your entire order. Or a horrible review about having to wait in line for something, and then they check and save you $45 by replacing the prices with sale prices.

Quoting iHEAVENn:
Quoting Not.So.Virginal:

you're supposed to use layaway, but also have everything done by the 15th. So whoever set it up didnt understand that layaway isn't something there you put stuff on there and then pick it up the next day, it's usually over the course of a month, and we didnt even have a month from when they announced it until it was due.

So I'm guessing a few people will be trying layaway, but most will just bring it home or shop online.

I'm not a fan of layaway, but have also never really been in a position where I couldnt just use my credit card instead.

You're supposed to shop, put your stuff in layaway and write your review about the entire process by the 15th. Then get your stuff out when your layaway is paid off. 

kurtkamkaitsmom
by on Nov. 5, 2010 at 2:03 PM

Sorry I don't know.. I never got offered to do any of their reviews yet.. sorry i wish i could help.. but here is  bump

iHEAVENn
by Bronze Member on Nov. 5, 2010 at 2:15 PM

CafeMom usually allows you to write your follow up post whenever it's available. So if you put your stuff in lay away then have to wait to get it out, you should be fine as long as your write the first few posts about your shopping trip and putting the stuff in layaway. 

I'd like to know what kmart does when they lose your layaway order..... o.0 lol

Quoting Not.So.Virginal:

how are you supposed to review the WHOLE experience when you're experience isn't finished yet? You could write an awesome review about their layaway, and then they lose your entire order. Or a horrible review about having to wait in line for something, and then they check and save you $45 by replacing the prices with sale prices.

Quoting iHEAVENn:
Quoting Not.So.Virginal:

you're supposed to use layaway, but also have everything done by the 15th. So whoever set it up didnt understand that layaway isn't something there you put stuff on there and then pick it up the next day, it's usually over the course of a month, and we didnt even have a month from when they announced it until it was due.

So I'm guessing a few people will be trying layaway, but most will just bring it home or shop online.

I'm not a fan of layaway, but have also never really been in a position where I couldnt just use my credit card instead.

You're supposed to shop, put your stuff in layaway and write your review about the entire process by the 15th. Then get your stuff out when your layaway is paid off. 

-:Logan Jacob:-

-:December 1st 2007:-

-:7 Pounds 4 Ounces:- 

-:My Everything:- 

Aydans_Mommy
by on Nov. 5, 2010 at 2:17 PM
Why not just PM cafemom and ask
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Not.So.Virginal
by on Nov. 5, 2010 at 2:18 PM

iHEAVENn, my mom's layaway was lost once (she used to use layaway at least 2x a year when we were growing up). They replaced everything that they still had in stock, and then gave her back the $ for items they couldnt replace. Unfortunately, the 'it' toys were the ones not in stock and the ones that we wanted most.

iHEAVENn
by Bronze Member on Nov. 5, 2010 at 2:19 PM

Ouch. That would bite :( 

Quoting Not.So.Virginal:

iHEAVENn, my mom's layaway was lost once (she used to use layaway at least 2x a year when we were growing up). They replaced everything that they still had in stock, and then gave her back the $ for items they couldnt replace. Unfortunately, the 'it' toys were the ones not in stock and the ones that we wanted most.

-:Logan Jacob:-

-:December 1st 2007:-

-:7 Pounds 4 Ounces:- 

-:My Everything:- 

lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Nov. 5, 2010 at 2:35 PM

She did...she's waiting for a response...

Quoting Aydans_Mommy:

Why not just PM cafemom and ask

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. aneela
  2. Vertical15
  3. mrswillie
  4. ceciliam
  5. deccaf
  6. SweetLuci