Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Don't $50 Giftcard Recipients "HAVE" To Use Layaway or No?(CAFEMOM ANSWER)

confusedcredit cardshrugging

I am confused... I basically was under the impression as $50 Kmart gift card recipients part of what was expected of us, in using the card was to Use the Kmart Layaway and then post a review of it on here?

If that is true, why are so many people getting things online or bringing home their hauls in one shopping trip on the same day?

I know I would prefer to bring my haul home all in one day too (even though I think it is awesome a layaway is available if needed : D )

Or was the requirement we had to at least "CHECK OUT" the layaway but not necessarily HAVE to use it?

Can anyone clarify this for me BEFORE I go shopping so that I am sure to follow the rules correctly?
CAFEMOM do you know?

THANK YOU!!!

UPDATE:

I private messaged Cafemom and they said as they did in the original letter:

While you are shopping in Kmart we ask that you try or at least check out Kmart's Layaway plan.

by on Nov. 5, 2010 at 9:52 AM
Replies (31-40):
hwild2807
by on Nov. 5, 2010 at 2:37 PM

i believe the message i got said to atleast check it out and state what you thought about it.. i already have a layaway and am still waiting to recieve my card so thats the impression im under..i think thats why the other ladies have brought theres home and didnt do a layaway.. ill see if i can pm you the info i recieved!

hwild2807
by on Nov. 5, 2010 at 2:41 PM

Thats horrible! ive always had a great experience with it! and i check my receipt and make sure everythings there before leaving the store. but we live in a small town so that may be why i've had a better experience! i would be raging! lol.

Quoting iHEAVENn:

Ouch. That would bite :( 

Quoting Not.So.Virginal:

iHEAVENn, my mom's layaway was lost once (she used to use layaway at least 2x a year when we were growing up). They replaced everything that they still had in stock, and then gave her back the $ for items they couldnt replace. Unfortunately, the 'it' toys were the ones not in stock and the ones that we wanted most.

mommareynolds09
by on Nov. 5, 2010 at 2:45 PM

I don't know if you have a response like this yet -- but I think there are 3 different KMart influencer programs. 1 for Smart Sense products (which I was in and was told to shop online for it because after I agreed to it I realized my closet Kmart is 100+miles away --still not all familiar with this town.) 

then there's the Holiday shopping one and the layaway one. 

Jess1231
by on Nov. 5, 2010 at 2:47 PM
I used it so im not sure
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ClickingMad
by on Nov. 5, 2010 at 2:54 PM

From what I read it just says to CHECK OUT the layaway program. No where does it state that you MUST use layaway. **Unless I am totally missing something :P

txmamaof3
by on Nov. 5, 2010 at 3:01 PM

The message they sent me told me to at least check it out and I did but have decided not to use it.

mylovesareCCC
by on Nov. 5, 2010 at 3:26 PM

That happened to my sister two years ago... but thankfully they were able to order it from another store and get it to her. They also gave her a discount for THEIR mistake.

Quoting Not.So.Virginal:

iHEAVENn, my mom's layaway was lost once (she used to use layaway at least 2x a year when we were growing up). They replaced everything that they still had in stock, and then gave her back the $ for items they couldnt replace. Unfortunately, the 'it' toys were the ones not in stock and the ones that we wanted most.

sweetsurprise13
by on Nov. 5, 2010 at 3:38 PM

here is a bump for you

earthangel1967
by on Nov. 5, 2010 at 4:01 PM

I did. : D

This is their reply:

Hi Yvonne,

Cafe Robin passed along your question regarding the use of layaway for the Kmart Holiday influencer program.

While you are shopping in Kmart we ask that you try or at least check out Kmart's Layaway plan.

We appreciate your participation in the CafeMom Influencer program.

Enjoy your holiday shopping!

** The CafeMom Team

Quoting Aydans_Mommy:

Why not just PM cafemom and ask

CafeMom Team
by Group Owner on Nov. 5, 2010 at 4:05 PM

Hi Earthangel1967,

As a part of the Holiday Influencer program for Kmart, we ask that you try or at least gather information about Kmart's Layaway plan while you are doing your holiday shopping at Kmart.

Then return to the group after your shopping trip and share your thoughts on Kmart's Layaway program.

We appreciate your participation in the CafeMom Influencer program.

Enjoy your holiday shopping!

** The CafeMom Team

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)