Group Home

I have recently tried online layaway at Kmart.com, the first problem I had was a pickup date in JANUARY! Well, they assured me i could make larger paymens and pickup BEFORE Christmas. Ok, thats find, not a problem. I go to checkout and i want to make more than the minimum check out level, yet there is NO option to do so. I am trying to contact customer service, but they are closed and can not talk to me. I swear I will never evert try to do this again. I am cancelling my order and i will go somewhere else!

by on Nov. 7, 2010 at 1:07 AM
Replies (11-19):
honeyrder
by on Nov. 7, 2010 at 11:19 AM

I will figure it out. If I don't actually have to go to the store, I will be so happy.

Quoting Rileyscute:

Yeah I was going to do the online layaway..it was too confusing and messed up..the item I wanted is not available...i'm just going to purchase outright and be done with it

lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Nov. 7, 2010 at 11:20 AM

I keep hearing lots of nightmare stories about the layaway program in some of my other groups....

Rileyscute
by on Nov. 7, 2010 at 11:29 AM

the item I wanted isn't available..so you know...

Quoting honeyrder:

I will figure it out. If I don't actually have to go to the store, I will be so happy.

Quoting Rileyscute:

Yeah I was going to do the online layaway..it was too confusing and messed up..the item I wanted is not available...i'm just going to purchase outright and be done with it

honeyrder
by on Nov. 7, 2010 at 1:02 PM

Never available online or temporarily out-of-stock?

Quoting Rileyscute:

the item I wanted isn't available..so you know...

Quoting honeyrder:

Quoting Rileyscute:

SAHMomOf3
by on Nov. 7, 2010 at 1:08 PM

I haven't ever even heard of online layaway. I didn't know it was possible. I don't think I would do that. We only live about ten minutes from KMart (which is the only place who has layaway here), so I just do it in the store.

Jess1231
by on Nov. 7, 2010 at 1:11 PM
I had to drive 45 minutes away to use it

Quoting Aydans_Mommy:

Not everyone has that option tho

Quoting Jess1231:

Go to a store its a million times easier!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hfaddis
by on Nov. 7, 2010 at 1:17 PM

I'm sorry the online layaway didn't work for you... Alot of their Items tend to not be available online but that's mainly when they are on a major sale.. It worked well for me and was a lifesaver since our closest k-mart is over 2 hours away now since the closer one went out of business. Good luck momma hope you find something you want without the headache =)

megbadger1
by on Nov. 7, 2010 at 4:20 PM

Quoting Aydans_Mommy:

Not everyone has that option tho

Quoting Jess1231:

Go to a store its a million times easier!!

We did one a few weeks ago in-store and have an issue with our dates. It says we have to make a payment on the 2nd AND 3rd of Dec and have it picked up by then. Well first off that is only 6 weeks, second, layaway that has holiday decor on it have to be picked up by then, third every time we go to get answers we get the same lady that did it and tried to pick random things off our receipt saying it was seasonal when it was clearly all toys. I did an on-line chat and was told to go to the store, and because I couldn't get there soon, I emailed customer service and the store manager is supposed to be calling us. I love the option of layaway, but this is the 2nd year we have done one and had an issue with dates. Luckily the first time it was changed right then and there, but this other lady is giving us a run around.

Miss-B
by on Nov. 7, 2010 at 5:11 PM

Quoting Kimberlynn:

I had no idea you can do online layaway! Thanks for the ''warning'' though! Sorry you have to deal with this!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. hugss
  2. TheJerseyGirl
  3. sunshinepraying
  4. deccaf
  5. SweetLuci
  6. mrswillie