Group Home

Do you pay it forward?

Posted by on Nov. 7, 2010 at 12:17 PM
  • 10 Replies

Just wondering if you girls do nice things for people just because. For instance, once in a while Ill go to the local coffee drive thru and Ill pay for the coffee of the car behind me. That usually starts a long line of people paying it forward for the people behind them.

Sometimes if im walking by and notice a parking meter out of money I slip some change in, so they dont get a ticket.

Wondering if anyone has other suggestions on what we can do to make the world a better place?

by on Nov. 7, 2010 at 12:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Homeschoolmom99
by on Nov. 7, 2010 at 12:24 PM

I did that at the 99 cent store last week and then at the market about two weeks ago there was a group of kids asking for change to buy milk I said I would buy milk another lady heard me and got them bread and before you knew it more came forward and the kids went away with a bag of food. I am not sure if homeless or what but I felt better after

othermom
by Ruby Member on Nov. 7, 2010 at 12:44 PM

I love to help people with things. I really enjoy doing it.

Not.So.Virginal
by on Nov. 7, 2010 at 12:46 PM

I let people get ahead of me in line if I'm not in a hurry. Because I am a SAHM, I don't always have a lot to do during the day, so I let other people cash out so they can get on to whatever else they need to do.

I pass on my Children's Place coupons to the person in front of behind me in line because you can re-use the coupon until the end date. People seem very thankful for that because 15 or 20% off adds up

hfaddis
by on Nov. 7, 2010 at 1:33 PM

I think you ladies are awesome! We dont have much to share right now but we were recently having a yardsale and There were a few families who came with little ones who really didn't have the money to get them what they needed so they would pick out a few of the clothes my boys had outgrown and I'd try to help them by giving them a few extras or digging for a pack of unopened socks or toys and stuff that I knew they could use or like and give it to them. I know it's not much but it made me feel better to even be able to do that =)

jazi1105
by Ruby Member on Nov. 7, 2010 at 1:37 PM

I do. I've been fortunate enough to receive help from others since I am struggling and whenever I have something to spare, I pass it on. I believe in helping others before helping myself...sometimes it's not always a good thing, but it still makes me feel good to know I helped.

jazi1105
by Ruby Member on Nov. 7, 2010 at 1:38 PM

I do. I've been fortunate enough to receive help from others since I am struggling and whenever I have something to spare, I pass it on. I believe in helping others before helping myself...sometimes it's not always a good thing, but it still makes me feel good to know I helped.

Dannille33
by on Nov. 7, 2010 at 1:39 PM

I try to pay it forward as much as I can...

It seems that most people around here are old farmers.. They refuse to have you help even if they are just a dollar off of having enough at the store.

So I do what I can when I can. I feel like the world needs our help to pay it foward!!

It's great to read that all of you are paying it forward to.

karischub
by on Nov. 7, 2010 at 1:45 PM

I teach in a low-income school district so I'm usually paying it forward through someone in my class. They always need something and I can't help but get it for them when I see a need. The little boy with no pajamas for pajama day. A new bookbag. Shoes. A belt. I've been taking in different electronic stuff to the video game place. Hopefully, by Christmas I'll have enough credit to get him some kind of video game system.

Rushn311
by Ruby Member on Nov. 7, 2010 at 1:49 PM

The only thing I can think of is letting people go before me in line...

ilovemyboys84
by Gold Member on Nov. 7, 2010 at 1:51 PM

i donate the kids toys before christmas to a local church and on craigslist/freecycle. i also pass on outgrown clothes if thye arent stained...usually to friends who need them for their younger kids.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. hugss
  2. BeachLifeMama
  3. SweetLuci
  4. mom2jessnky
  5. mrswillie
  6. proudmommy690