Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So what are you getting your kids?

Posted by on Nov. 7, 2010 at 4:22 PM
  • 17 Replies

Trying to get ideas of what to get my kids for Christmas.

So what are you getting your kids, or plan on getting them?

I have three kids ages 5, 4, and 2....Here's what I got already and would like to get.

5 year old-who will be 6 in Jan

Tag Reading System(GOT)

2 Books to go with(GOT)

Kid Tough Camera(GOT)

A Bike

2 DS Games(GOT)

CD player(GOT)

Taylor Swift Cd's(all three)

A few barbies, and littlest pet shop things

4 year old

Junior Tag Reading System(GOT)

Books to go with(GOT)

Kid Tough Camera(GOT)

A Bike

2 DS Games(GOT)

And a few Cars, Action Figures

2 year old

My Pal Scout(GOT)

My Own Leap-top(GOT)

Little Tikes Coupe(GOT)

And then for our family gifts:

Board Games

DVDs

Wii Games

Does this sound good, or do you think it's too much? I know I need more for my two year old, just not sure what yet? He's so hard to get for because we have so many toys from when the other two were younger. And I think I need something else for my 4 year old to equal what my 5 year old is getting. Also take into account that my kids don't receive presents or toys throughout the year, just for their birthdays and Christmas.

Edit:

Both my oldest want a bike, and I want to get them each one, especially since I got the youngest one the little tikes coupe thingy. But I'm not quite sure what size to get for them or what brand? I don't think I want to get them one that has a character on it, just because every month they like something new. And where would be the best place to get it?

Edit Again:

So I was reading another post in this group, and it gave me an idea of what I can get my 4 year old to equal what my daughter has...I think I'm going to go with a Remote Control Car/Truck something. I think he would really like something like that.

by on Nov. 7, 2010 at 4:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
khurley8686
by on Nov. 7, 2010 at 4:28 PM

BUMP!

mommythree0508
by Corinne on Nov. 7, 2010 at 4:30 PM

So far,Leapster 2,play kitchen and baby carriage and doll stuff

karischub
by on Nov. 7, 2010 at 4:31 PM

I think it sounds fine. We always went a little crazy with gifts in my family at Christmas time...

DD is 3

A trampoline (this was supposed to be purchased for her birthday and didn't happen)

Games (Candyland, Hi Ho Cheery-O, Cootie, Dora Memory)

New Slippers

Puzzles (dora and big bird)

Beenie baby size stuffed animals to rescue with Diego

And a crayola art kit (paints, markers, crayons, eisel and smock)

I still have $35 left in my budget for her I'm just not sure what else to get her...

TruCowboysFan
by on Nov. 7, 2010 at 4:33 PM

does your 4 y/o like to play with your camera? maybe you could get him one of those kid tough digital cameras, if he does. my kids love to play with mine and take pictures, so im getting them both one.

KristinRox
by on Nov. 7, 2010 at 4:59 PM

I have four kiddos 8 yo dd, 3.5yo dd, 2 yo ds and 15 month old ds.

I think Im going to get the leapster explorer console for my 3 yo (shell be 4 dec.7). IM going to get her a couple of games to go with that. I already got her the loving family dollhouse with 4 of the furniture sets. I also got her a fur real pet like the zhu zhu pet, and a stroller, playpen, carseat set with a baby. I want to get her a really good dolly, some clothes and some jewelry as well.

I got my 8 yo a couple of games for her Nintendo DS, I also got her some clothing, a couple of boardgames and wonderpets. Im going to get her a bench jacket, sims 3 and some art supplies and more clothes.

I got my 15 month old the race car thing. I also got him some jammies and a ball sorter that looks like a gumball machine. Hes probably going to the hardest person to buy for because he has everything he could ever want. Im going to get him some clothes, and Im looking for other ideas.

I got my 2 yo the black and decker set of tools, some clothes, some lightning mcqueen cars, and the talking woody doll and toy story 3 dvd. IM going to see if I can find him a some more toy story things, and get him the ride on escavator from toys r us.

They are all (except the 15 month old) going to get mcdonalds and movie money in their stockings.

Mrs.Pool2Be
by on Nov. 7, 2010 at 5:29 PM

I have no idea what we are getting for them.  But they are all older and have big tastes.  LOL

AprilDJC
by on Nov. 7, 2010 at 5:36 PM

My boys (11 and 13) are getting the xbox 360 Kinect. Not sure what else they are getting yet. DD is going to get more of the guidecraft doll furniture for her babies, some more Haba brand play food for her kitchen,  maybe a Barbie Video Girl doll, and some new roller skates. Oh and they will each get some books for sure. 

khurley8686
by on Nov. 7, 2010 at 5:40 PM

Quoting TruCowboysFan:

does your 4 y/o like to play with your camera? maybe you could get him one of those kid tough digital cameras, if he does. my kids love to play with mine and take pictures, so im getting them both one.

OMG.... I totally forgot I did get them both a kid tough camera...I got my daughter the pink one with flowers, and my son the blue one, I think it has like stars or some sort of shapes on it. Some of things that I got are on lawaway at kmart. That's why I forgot about them. lol  But let me go add them in....But that's exactly why I got them there own, cause they are always trying to use mine.

elasmimi
by Ruby Member on Nov. 7, 2010 at 5:43 PM

We always go a little crazy at Christmas too. I think it should be a magical time for the kids. So far my 4 y/o is getting

2 zhu zhu pets and the house for them, Leapster and 2 games, zoobies, littlest pet shop set, Strawberry Shortcake car. Barbie vacation house, an art set, some books, that walking dog, and a few clothes. I still want to get that playdough that doesn't dry out, and we can't decide on a doll. She wants every doll she sees on tv.

CafeMom Tickers
Leelee1008
by Alicia on Nov. 7, 2010 at 5:48 PM

moneys very very tight this year with hubby outta work. we have asked for  help from toys for tots, I had a yard sale a couple motnhs back and made a little money, so I got my kids 3 sets of legos, and 3 wrestling figures. we are waiting on a little bit of money to start comming in, but we are also expecting a baby due Jan 11th. so between getting the last of the baby stuff we need, and xmas its gona be tight. they havent asked for much either so we will see.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN